Our valued sponsor

What's the best alternative to PayPal s**t service?

Spinat

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
I have looked into below payment processors to replace paypal as a payment option for a legitimized online business.

Payeer
Safecharge
Durango Merchant
Unitpay (Russian)
Interkassa (Russian)

Selling digital goods makes the business considered high risk.

Any idea?

Reactions: JohnLocke
personally I looked into safecharge because they have endless or almost all payment methods in this world covered except paypal.

it took me 2 days to reach out to their sales!

We are looking for a replacement of PayPal too and already in contact with lot's of payment processors, will be following this thread and supply with my findings.

Check the mentor group, I started from the beginning in the resource section and contact each and every there.

Also try to contact @Gediminas he may have options, still waiting for him to get back with something for us :)

Reactions: erni and Gediminas
quick status:
So far have a open ticket with Payeer for 8 hours, waiting for response
Durango no answer yet

I can tell you that I have contacted at least 20 payment processors and so far I only got one reply back from Nuvei who asked to call me. So I asked them to tell me if they can accept our business and he is till not getting back to me.

The key to succeed will be patience ;)
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Reactions: burden and erni
I got a Payeer approval yesterday, the first one, easy process so far.

Have more to come, will post here.

Reactions: erni
What alternatives do you guys search for? I could suggest

I think the below is the same crap like PayPal.

So there is, I don't know if they only accept US merchants, but they advertise with high risk business acceptance.

Hope it can help you.

I have looked into below payment processors to replace paypal as a payment option for a legitimized online business.

Payeer
Safecharge
Durango Merchant
Unitpay (Russian)
Interkassa (Russian)

Selling digital goods makes the business considered high risk.

Any idea?
I recommend look to Paysera | Nuo pervedimų ir valiutos konvertavimo iki įmokų surinkimo
and very very interesting service Bookipi | Free Invoice generator for freelancers and small businesses working with stripe - you can accept payments via Credit Cards.

I believe the only alternative that comes close is a solution where you can accept debit/credit card payments.

Any other solution - Crypto, Perfectmoney, Webmoney etc - simply won't get you sales.

Having said that, I know of 2 payment processors which allow you to accept payments with Paypal and with debit/credit cards. These are 2checkout and Paddle. However, they have a LONG list of products and services they don't accept.

Good luck.

Ebay is phasing out paypal and setting up managed payments.
Could this be the end of gaypal?

I doubt it's their end, unfortunately. I read an article a few days ago that in the last quarter or whatever they made a lot more money... well... hold on...

There you go. I hate seeing that as I would love to see gaypal crash and burn!

Having said that, with eBay phasing them out, and with gaypal phasing out everybody - crypto, medical marijuana, adult, digital services, etc etc etc - hopefully they won't stay on top forever.

GayPal - PayPal will never die, sadly they will stay here for ever and run the worlds biggest robbery of their customers.

Paysera

Do they accept credit cards directly? I believe you have to load your wallet and then you can pay on shops?

Reactions: Scorpy
As some of you may have noticed, Payeer as approved the site, so Durango found not less then 2 alternative processors which we work with at the moment.

More to come later once everything is sorted out!

Reactions: burden
GayPal - PayPal will never die, sadly they will stay here for ever and run the worlds biggest robbery of their customers.

Paysera

Do they accept credit cards directly? I believe you have to load your wallet and then you can pay on shops?

I believe that a seller could only accept debit/credit card payments through gaypal if they had a business account. Not sure about it though.

But I believe a buyer can use their card to pay, either directly, or by creating a gaypal account, adding their card, loading funds, and then paying.

For example, if someone pays with gaypal balance and they get a refund from the seller, the money goes back to their gaypal balance, pretty much instantly. If someone pays with a card through gaypal and a refund is issued, the money goes back to their card (and it takes a little longer for the money to return, it's not instant).

Having said that, someone paying with their card directly has better chances of getting their money back if they have to do a chargeback on the payment. If you pay with gaypal balance and you do a chargeback then you are entirely at gaypal's mercy, and they could easily rule against you, even if you're being totally scammed.

Can someone tell me what is going on with PayPal? I haven't used this year so I haven't understood why everyone is against PayPal. Help me understand

They suck. They suspend accounts for no reason, they freeze your money for 6 months. After 6 months they may even "steal - confiscate" the money if they determine you broke their AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) rules. They can charge you up to $2,500 per violation. I'm serious, it's in their user agreement everyone accepts when registering/using gaypal.

If they suspend you or steal your money, they won't tell you why, they won't tell you what you did wrong or which of their rules you violated, they won't give you a warning or a few days to find a different payment processor. They'll just kick you off and destroy your business and spit in your face. Their customer support is useless too.

Then last I used them, every damn time I tried to login I got hit with a phone verification. And I was using the same browser and everything. It got extremely annoying after a while, especially because I was logging in multiple times per day. And I don't think you can turn off the phone verification. Oh and on occassion I even got hit with a captcha when logging in.

Anyway, there's a million reasons to hate gaypal...

What about their ridiculously high fees and the limits they impose on how you can withdraw/move your money around? There's another one.

I believe that a seller could only accept debit/credit card payments through gaypal if they had a business account. Not sure about it though.

But I believe a buyer can use their card to pay, either directly, or by creating a gaypal account, adding their card, loading funds, and then paying.

For example, if someone pays with gaypal balance and they get a refund from the seller, the money goes back to their gaypal balance, pretty much instantly. If someone pays with a card through gaypal and a refund is issued, the money goes back to their card (and it takes a little longer for the money to return, it's not instant).

Having said that, someone paying with their card directly has better chances of getting their money back if they have to do a chargeback on the payment. If you pay with gaypal balance and you do a chargeback then you are entirely at gaypal's mercy, and they could easily rule against you, even if you're being totally scammed.

They suck. They suspend accounts for no reason, they freeze your money for 6 months. After 6 months they may even "steal - confiscate" the money if they determine you broke their AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) rules. They can charge you up to $2,500 per violation. I'm serious, it's in their user agreement everyone accepts when registering/using gaypal.

If they suspend you or steal your money, they won't tell you why, they won't tell you what you did wrong or which of their rules you violated, they won't give you a warning or a few days to find a different payment processor. They'll just kick you off and destroy your business and spit in your face. Their customer support is useless too.

Then last I used them, every damn time I tried to login I got hit with a phone verification. And I was using the same browser and everything. It got extremely annoying after a while, especially because I was logging in multiple times per day. And I don't think you can turn off the phone verification. Oh and on occassion I even got hit with a captcha when logging in.

Anyway, there's a million reasons to hate gaypal...

What about their ridiculously high fees and the limits they impose on how you can withdraw/move your money around? There's another one.

All you have said is true about PayPal. Although I still don't get if PayPal and Gaypal is the same company or people call it like that because of anger.

I had a problem last year with PayPal too but it got solved within two days after I submitted the ID and bank statement to show them that the transactions I had attempted to do were all made by me. I think the only way to avoid problems with PayPal is to open with your real names and to always link a card to it for additional security. But anyway, all online payment processors have pros and cons. You might all need to shift to payoneer, Visa online payments or MasterCards because I never heard people complaining about them.

All you have said is true about PayPal. Although I still don't get if PayPal and Gaypal is the same company or people call it like that because of anger.

I had a problem last year with PayPal too but it got solved within two days after I submitted the ID and bank statement to show them that the transactions I had attempted to do were all made by me. I think the only way to avoid problems with PayPal is to open with your real names and to always link a card to it for additional security. But anyway, all online payment processors have pros and cons. You might all need to shift to payoneer, Visa online payments or MasterCards because I never heard people complaining about them.

paypal/gaypal is the same thing, people just call it that to rip on it.

People complain about all of them. You'll always find people complaining about all payment processors, but there is a special place in hell reserved for gaypal.

Anyone who does business online should never rely only on gaypal. While you'll lose a lot of sales if you don't offer it for payments, you'll sleep better if you don't.

Reactions: JohnLocke

Paysera

We approached them yesterday, but because we accept cryptocurrency as a payment method they told us that we deal with cryptocurrency and therefor they can't accept us.

I assume they will have to change their policy in the future, since PayPal, Tesla and even Visa is recognizing cryptocurrency as a valid payment method today.

Strange behaviour from Paysera, maybe they have sufficient with customers, don't know, at least they answered quickly.

Reactions: Spinat

Latest Threads