Our valued sponsor

WhatsApp and Facebook will provide decrypted messages to UK police

Trust no encrypted messaging, email or VPN service. The feds watch and everything nai¤%.

You want privacy stay away from anything digital....keep it all in your mind....lol.

Reactions: cckuhqilfownnfctux
Yes if you build your own solution that is best. Unfortunately most people including me don't have the skill to do so. :(. Guess I need to rely on Veracrypt and speaking to people directly in person with my hand over my mouth and cross my fingers :p.

You must assume everything is being recorded and given out to gov and other groups.
The digital things we do now (calls, SMS messages, social media posts, credit card usage, smartphone GPS data, bitcoin transactions etc.) are recorded and kept. In my home country, the police is even recording licence plates of people who park near Hells Angels, Bandidos MC etc. headquarters. Those people get their name in police databases. In the future all this massive amount of data will be combed through with much improved tools, so the surveillants get a much clearer picture.

Mostly this is harmless, but in some cases there will be nasty surprises. Even now, some people are being kicked out of their jobs because of a few rough Twitter posts they sent a decade ago. This is a long-term societal trend. It will not improve, but worsen.

Yes if you build your own solution that is best. Unfortunately most people including me don't have the skill to do so. :(. Guess I need to rely on Veracrypt and speaking to people directly in person with my hand over my mouth and cross my fingers :p.

this is exactly what you should do - pretty inconvenient but in your case makes perfect sense I guess
I'd also suggest building your "socially acceptable image" and use gmail, have skype and whatsapp, like your friend's cat photos on facebook and send "love you honey" texts from you phone - in five/ten years you can get negative score for just not being "normal"

The digital things we do now (calls, SMS messages, social media posts, credit card usage, smartphone GPS data, bitcoin transactions etc.) are recorded and kept. In my home country, the police is even recording licence plates of people who park near Hells Angels, Bandidos MC etc. headquarters. Those people get their name in police databases. In the future all this massive amount of data will be combed through with much improved tools, so the surveillants get a much clearer picture.

Mostly this is harmless, but in some cases there will be nasty surprises. Even now, some people are being kicked out of their jobs because of a few rough Twitter posts they sent a decade ago. This is a long-term societal trend. It will not improve, but worsen.

very true

In May, Apple, Google, Microsoft, WhatsApp and others pushed back against a proposal by the UK intelligence agency GCHQ that offered a way for police to access private messages without breaking encryption. GCHQ suggested an approach in which service providers would "silently add a law enforcement participant to a group chat or call," without notifying the other participants. The tech companies said this "ghost key" approach threatens cybersecurity and human rights.

--end quote

Damn......eek¤%&.

• Wow
Reactions: Cetme308win

It will get very bad and scary. In china, they can pin point your face in 5 minutes in a huge city with AI camera scans

In the UK they don’t need facial recognition they just log your registration plate when you drive through ANPR cameras. if you’ve got your mobile phone in the car they then cross reference the cell site of the phone with the camera at the exact second the car went through it.
Or vice versa they can link a phone number they have saved for you to a vehicle with these cameras.

Reactions: Martin Everson
They track your phone on underground train service also. I wouldn't be surprised if they are not doing this nationwide via BT wifi service etc already. Facebook is just another way for them to connect the dots. Imagine they know your entire movements from your phone signal alone....you think the taxman won't get access? i.e bob is claiming to be unemployed but Monday to Friday bob's phone signal turned up at a local building site....lol.

Reactions: JohnLocke
They track your phone on underground train service also. I wouldn't be surprised if they are not doing this nationwide via BT wifi service etc already. Facebook is just another way for them to connect the dots. Imagine they know your entire movements from your phone signal alone....you think the taxman won't get access? i.e bob is claiming to be unemployed but Monday to Friday bob's phone signal turned up at a local building site....lol.

They’ve got access to the data already. But the databases are not yet fully integrated. In the coming years though with AI they will have the full picture and all this voluntary info harvesting from private company’s like Facebook will add to it massively.

I remember my friend once told me he went for a job interview and one of the first questions they asked him was why he had no social media accounts listed in his application conf/(%

Is this the new reality? i.e your a weirdo or have something bad to hide if you don't want a Twitter, IG, FB, SC account :rolleyes:.

I remember my friend once told me he went for a job interview and one of the first questions they asked him was why he had no social media accounts listed in his application conf/(%

Is this the new reality? i.e your a weirdo or have something bad to hide if you don't want a Twitter, IG, FB, SC account :rolleyes:.

I think it is having someone on your Facebook these days was like giving someone your phone to look through 10 year ago. It’s become the new normal.

FB is just a global telephone book and control tool for US government. I don't believe for one minute FB has its users best interest at heart. FB is the perfect cyber weapon for the US government to create uprising, fester instability in countries it opposes. Any covert CIA operations team and paid plants can get enough following to instigate an arab spring, a Hong Kong uprising and anti-government protests. Then people wonder why countries block FB.

FB privacy should be the least of peoples worries right now among what they are actually up to.

P.S I have my tin foil hat on too tight some would say......not ns2

FB is just a global telephone book and control tool for US government. I don't believe for one minute FB has its users best interest at heart. FB is the perfect cyber weapon for the US government to create uprising, fester instability in countries it opposes. Any covert CIA operations team and paid plants can get enough following to instigate an arab spring, a Hong Kong uprising and anti-government protests. Then people wonder why countries block FB.

FB privacy should be the least of peoples worries right now among what they are actually up to.

P.S I have my tin foil hat on too tight some would say......not ns2
;P

• Haha
Reactions: Martin Everson

Latest Threads