Our valued sponsor

Where to bank outside of US influence?

howyoudoin

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
When US imposes a sanction for a country, most countries follow US. If you live in a country that's sanctioned, then you no longer can use banks/brokers of most countries.

If you find yourself in that situation, where can you go? Where to bank outside of US influence?

What I heard = Russia, UAE, Georgia. What about you? What would be a good option out of alternatives?

Are you sure? I saw news of Iranian passport holders in Hong Kong getting their bank accounts closed.
Well, HK has its own stuff they do not like almost every place. They also can be tricky with Latin America and Russia I have been told.

Georgia is pretty much on us/eu line. The fact they do not care might be due to very limited resources and low development and basically them needing every lari they can somehow get their hands on.

Russia, good luck banking there as a foreigner ;)

If you understand how fractional banking works, you can not bank anuywhere in a world in USD currency if you bank aoutside US influcence. So first point - not in USD - does not matter in which country.

Georgia still accepts iranians. No one know how long will it last.

Banking in asia is usualy possible also fro people who are citizens of blacklisted countries, if they are citizens of neighbouring countries. So if you are iranina, you can bank in Turkey.

Turkey is one of the places that is accepting most people for personal accounts and they are not too fussy.
Have you ever tried? I have. If you are not a tiúrkish citizen or turkish resident or citizen or resident of one of neighbouring countries, the most often answer is: NO WAY.

The best chance it in Istanbul and Ankara. The most of bankers does not speak english. Their internet banking is a nightmare and it is very common to have IB in turkish language only.

Have you ever tried? I have. If you are not a tiúrkish citizen or turkish resident or citizen or resident of one of neighbouring countries, the most often answer is: NO WAY.

The best chance it in Istanbul and Ankara. The most of bankers does not speak english. Their internet banking is a nightmare and it is very common to have IB in turkish language only.
You can become turkish citizen with investment