Our valued sponsor

Where to drive a company car in Europe without Benefit in Kind-rules?

So, let's say all other reasons of where to start a company are left out of the equation, but we're looking just to the cost of driving a company car – in what country should that company be?

I drive a lot for business, to meet with customers and grow my company. So I'd like to drive my car on the company, so I can deduct all car expenses – and so I don't need to pay VAT on that car expenses. But in most European countries, that leads to extra Benefit in Kind-taxation.
If you drive a full packed Mercedes E-Class or Audi A6 of let's say 100.000 Euro, the UK tax man will yearly add 20k to your salary and tax you on it. In the Netherlands it's 22k, even in car-friendly Germany you still pay taxes over 12k of extra salary.

Are there any countries in Europe, that do not have this Benefit in Kind-rules for company cars?

Or what kind of tricks do the smart people use, in order to drive a car for as little money as possible?

Reactions: JohnLocke
In Europe I think Germany has the best regulations for company car, only 1% to be paid from the costs of the car. With a good lawyer and tax advisor it can be almost 0% because the company will pay all costs!

Belgium has low benefits-in-kind on certain company cars. A Porsche Taycan for example is 100% deductible as a company expensive and benefits-in-kind is 3400 euro years added gross salary which comes down to paying 1700 euro in income tax.

So, let's say all other reasons of where to start a company are left out of the equation, but we're looking just to the cost of driving a company car – in what country should that company be?

I drive a lot for business, to meet with customers and grow my company. So I'd like to drive my car on the company, so I can deduct all car expenses – and so I don't need to pay VAT on that car expenses. But in most European countries, that leads to extra Benefit in Kind-taxation.
If you drive a full packed Mercedes E-Class or Audi A6 of let's say 100.000 Euro, the UK tax man will yearly add 20k to your salary and tax you on it. In the Netherlands it's 22k, even in car-friendly Germany you still pay taxes over 12k of extra salary.

Are there any countries in Europe, that do not have this Benefit in Kind-rules for company cars?

Or what kind of tricks do the smart people use, in order to drive a car for as little money as possible?

I think Estonia doesn't have any "Benefit in Kind-rules"

Picking up on that topic, Estonia does have benefit in kind-rules, quite heavy ones for powerful vehicles (about 2euros per kw per month for recent cars) and also I read somewhere else that they are super demanding on logging the personal trips. Also in Estonia there is a need to register the driver of the car while registering the car (making the plates).

Latest Threads