Our valued sponsor

Where to have a bank account in case US decides to sanction your country?

So you contacted customer support to change your account details, residency and nationality? It was slow like 2 months?

No, they emailed me to say that, the first one was TW and they told me that because of my nationality they weren't allowed to work with me so they blocked all my funds and told me to give them a bank account where to send the money. Paypal was almost the same but they just blocked the account without reasons and I had to write them.

Transferwise was easy, I emailed them and we talked about that and I told them that I have a second nationality and a residence in another country. They asked me for a proof of residence (which I had with the second nationality) and that was all they wanted, in 3 days my accounts (personal and business one) were ON again.

PayPal was harder, I spend like 3 months with my account blocked. I called them and talk with many people, in one situation I was able to talk with someone with a higher rank than just customer service and I explained my situation to him, the asked me to show them proof that I had another residence and after that they turned ON again the account but without telling me something, I just decided to enter to my account and I saw it was ON again.

How much did the nationalities/passports cost you? I don't know if I can afford a new passport based on my research.

Free, my parents had another nationality so I got my second passport many years ago before I left the country. If you can wait some years to get a new passport there are some countries in the Caribbean where getting the second passport is not that difficult once you have some years as a resident (buying one is possible too but really expensive)

Reactions: iloveyouguys
How much did the nationalities/passports cost you? I don't know if I can afford a new passport based on my research.

Multiple factors are in play here. (I take it you are able to exit and enter your country) If you have money to spare for investment scheme citizen program's you probably not reading this forum, so those are out.

The two of most importance, how much money do you have available (in relation to the amount of money you want to protect). If this a relative 'low' amount, second passport is not a viable route, you should change money into something else (gold, real estate etc).

The other factor is your time line. When do you expect your country, and thus your financial are being 'hit'. If you only have a short time, the options are different. Are you able to stay in a foreign country for a protracted time?

Easiest route to Citizenship: Panama. (deposit 10K in Panamanian Bank account, visit the country once every two years, and aftre 5 years you can apply for Panamanian Citizenship)

Fastes route to 'budget' Citizenship is via Argentina, it will take you at least 2 years. (you need approx $1000 p/m in income, and you have to spend at least 6 months in Argentina during those 2 years)(However Peso is worthless, so be careful with the banks)

Other option is to go to Brazil, make a baby and become an instant Brazillian :) (Or make the baby at home and make sure it is born in Brasil, you will get residency and an easy route to citizenship after 4 years, does mean you have to life in Brazil though).

Reactions: iloveyouguys
Other option is to go to Brazil, make a baby and become an instant Brazillian

*Pushes girlfriend away*

:p Is this true? I heard in past you get permanent residency if you have a child with a Brazilian woman but never investigated it.

Easiest route to Citizenship: Panama. (deposit 10K in Panamanian Bank account, visit the country once every two years, and aftre 5 years you can apply for Panamanian Citizenship)

You are talking about the friendly countries Visa right? (correct me if I'm wrong) because to get that Visa you need to be in the list of the friendly nations and if @iloveyouguys things USA could block his country I think that country could not be in the list (but could be there too, we only need to confirm it). So the others options to get the permanent residence there are: investing 80k in reforestation, invest 300k in Real State, 160k in a "small" company of yours or if you have an income of more than 1k as a "pension" then you could apply for a permanent residence too (if you go with somebody like wife, children, etc then you need to add a little more).

Also Panama is not as fast as it was (sadly) and now those kind of stuff take a little longer than it should.

I agree in moving the money to different assets if the second passport is not an option.

Fastes route to 'budget' Citizenship is via Argentina, it will take you at least 2 years. (you need approx $1000 p/m in income, and you have to spend at least 6 months in Argentina during those 2 years)(However Peso is worthless, so be careful with the banks)
Argentina won't work either as amounts has been adjusted upwards, only certain income qualify and there is a long bureaucratic process to go thru.

You are talking about the friendly countries Visa right? (correct me if I'm wrong) because to get that Visa you need to be in the list of the friendly nations and if @iloveyouguys things USA could block his country I think that country could not be in the list (but could be there too, we only need to confirm it). So the others options to get the permanent residence there are: investing 80k in reforestation, invest 300k in Real State, 160k in a "small" company of yours or if you have an income of more than 1k as a "pension" then you could apply for a permanent residence too (if you go with somebody like wife, children, etc then you need to add a little more).

Also Panama is not as fast as it was (sadly) and now those kind of stuff take a little longer than it should.

I heard it's a slow process since the president himself needs to sign each new citizenship application. Furthermore, according to some posts on some expat forums, you need to be physically living in Panama for 2 years before submitting the citizenship application. However, I've yet to see this rule written in any official government site or document.

I got the Friendly Nations Visa back in 2015 but haven't lived in Panama at all, only visiting it once or twice a year. I'll ask my immigration consultant in Panama if it's possible to obtain citizenship without the physical presence.

I'll ask my immigration consultant in Panama if it's possible to obtain citizenship without the physical presence.
please do that, it would be a game changer since all other posts around offshorecorptalk.com confirm the opposite.

Latest Threads