Our valued sponsor

Why form offshore company if primary goal is just privacy?

Rcocbb

Oct 23, 2019
Visit site
The goal is to form a website that provides consultation advice on blockchain technology with an emphasis on privacy for the site owners. Primary concern is not being sued for advice being given to individuals primarily in Europe and not wanting to have to navigate the regulatory environment for providing advice. The site would accept various crypto donations to help fund the site to see if it is viable. Initially would not want to spend money to form LLC or offshore company due to cost...if site generates a lot of traffic then would consider forming a company offshore. My question is why would you want to form a company if you can keep website private and intractable and have no need to access traditional banking system, payment gateways, or fiat currencies with the site?

The goal is to form a website that provides consultation advice on blockchain technology with an emphasis on privacy for the site owners. Primary concern is not being sued for advice being given to individuals primarily in Europe and not wanting to have to navigate the regulatory environment for providing advice. The site would accept various crypto donations to help fund the site to see if it is viable. Initially would not want to spend money to form LLC or offshore company due to cost...if site generates a lot of traffic then would consider forming a company offshore. My question is why would you want to form a company if you can keep website private and intractable and have no need to access traditional banking system, payment gateways, or fiat currencies with the site?

Because "Primary concern is not being sued for advice being given" ... or probably more accurately stated as reducing legal risk exposure ... thus if you just do it in your personal name all your assets may be lost in a lawsuit ... whereas if you do it in a company name only those assets you have placed in the company may be lost (normally). Chances of losing a lawsuit may be the same/similar, but the negative impact may not be the same.

There is no need for anything offshore (whatever that means these days) in order to reduce the legal risk in this manner.

I understand the protections of an LLC or corporation(onshore or offshore), but is that necessary for an anonymous website if just doing crypto donations initially. Assuming keeping everything with website anonymous

If you have the option to cash out the cryptos anonymously, I would just set up the webpage without building and offshore corporation.
There are several domain providers and VPS/server providers on the market accepting BTC.
So you can set up everything anonymously.

If you want to be more secure, you can use a VPN provider to hide your IP in the order process.

There are a lot of services which host websites without wanting your address and can be paid in BTC. If your clients don't need/want invoices, then just don't form anything. Just make your website with an anonymous website provider and that's it.

Latest Threads