Our valued sponsor

Will bitcoin reach 15K before Sunday this week?

JohnLocke

Administrator
Dec 29, 2008
Europe
Visit site
That's what is really exciting in the crypto market. The Kraken announced yesterday via email that "halving" of bitcoin is set for Sunday this week (2 more days) and within a few hours of this all coins began to rise, they are still increasing. Where do you think bitcoin will land before Sunday?

Theoretically, BTC halving might lead to Bitcoin price growth, since less Bitcoins are produced as we move closer to the total supply of 21 million. However, since the Bitcoin halving schedule is known years in advance by miners and investors, it’s unclear whether the BTC price will actually rise.
The situation at each halving is different, and the demand for and price of Bitcoin can differ a lot. Thus, it's hard to predict the BTC price during the Bitcoin halving 2020 (after 2 days).

Historically, the price hasn't reacted with a strong and quick uptrend before a halving, but rather it has steadily increased in the months following it.
That said, I'm well invested in Bitcoin and plan on keeping it for at least 3 more months or until price breaks 20k

Reactions: JohnLocke and isyet
yes it is probably more realistic that the bitcoin price goes up by half, but right now the upward trend is the way it has been for the past two days.

I think the halving will take place on Tuesday.
Binance claims their way of calculating the halving time is more accurate than others. Yesterday the difference between Binance and bitcoinblockhalf was 2h40min. Today the difference is only 17 minutes. Anyway, only miners might need this accuracy. Halving will be one of those "Nothing happens" moments.

because I don't believe in any predictions calculated or faked by the Guru's.

I believe that chimpanzees can predict stock prices and thus bitcoin prices. I also do not believe that it takes long courses to be able to see how a given course is developing.

It is great to read all your comments here, but I am eagerly awaiting what will happen :)