Our valued sponsor

Wirex disabled SEPA bank transfer

anotherone

Mentor Group Gold
Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
Wirex claims to perform the maintenance of the Bank transfer infrastructure.
The disabled the SEPA bank transfer.
The GB fast transfer system is unafffected.

EU Maintenance FAQ
To ensure we can continue to provide the best possible experience for our users, we are currently improving our platform. To carry out this work, we need to temporarily limit some of Wirex’s functionality

FAQ

1) What functions does maintenance affect?
We are updating out bank transfer infrastructure, which requires us to temporarily limit this feature.
The changes will apply to your current account. Card accounts are not affected.
If you have already made a bank transfer using your IBAN, you can still use these in the currency you’ve previously used. You cannot however open up a new IBAN for other currencies that you have not used.
GBP transfers IN and OUT of your account using Faster Payments are not affected.
If you have not already made a EUR bank transfer, you can still make a new request to make EUR payments, but these will be limited to SEPA and SWIFT payments IN to your account only.
All other features like your Wirex Visa card and exchange services are not affected.
2) Can I still withdraw my money?
Yes, you can still withdraw your money using your Wirex Visa card, or transfer it using Faster Payments in GBP. You can still exchange fiat and crypto as you normally would. Crypto transfers are unaffected.
3) How long will functionality be limited?
We are conducting this maintenance in coordination with a number of third parties that support our infrastructure, and we are all working together to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

You cannot however open up a new IBAN for other currencies that you have not used.

This part has not worked since forever on my account. Is this a new faq from them or an old one?

Seems to be working for me - haven't had any problem. They did claim they are upgrading their system and thus stopped onboarding new companies - otherwise everything's working for my company account.

Where are you from, I mean in regards to the country?

@Admin @Martin Everson
I received my Wirex card today. After activating the card, I went to "add funds". I can now add funds by making a SWIFT or SEPA transfer. this was not available before receiving the wirex Visa card.

Yeah wirex is strange. It's a card account they offer I think. i.e if your GBP or EUR card gets cancelled because you didn't pay your card monthly fee then you can no longer access the GBP or EUR account or even see the account number any longer conf/(%. You need to constantly ensure your card balance is topped up otherwise the card is cancelled and they don't even warn you...lol.

Reactions: anotherone
@Admin
Update: I successfully transferred money from Paxum to Wirex. using sepa.
Normally, we should be able to move money out of the wirex account to a euro bank using sepa but this feature is disabled because of maintenance. Can be useful to move money using SEPA since it is an EMI.

Latest Threads