Our valued sponsor

Wirex OPEN Sepa Transfers now

DerAufklaerer

Apr 7, 2022
Germany
Visit site

*Subject to the T&Cs 1and Privacy Policy

Great news - SEPA Instant is now live in the Wirex app! That means you can instantly transfer euros between Wirex and your bank account.

Want to deposit euros? All you have to do is activate a EUR account in the Wirex app to access your very own IBAN and BIC. You can then use these to send funds straight from your bank!

Need to transfer euros from Wirex to your bank account? No problem – SEPA Instant lets you do so in seconds, to any bank that accepts euro payments.

Like the sound of SEPA Instant? Here’s what else it has to offer:

• Instant bank transfers between Wirex and your bank account.
  • A unique IBAN and BIC for depositing funds.
  • A way of adding funds to your Wirex account from popular payment platforms.
  • Ultimate control over adding and withdrawing funds to and from Wirex.

How to add EUR to Wirex via SEPA Instant

Attachments

• d02bc7c37d240792828b6491547e9870b90cb610.jpeg
    d02bc7c37d240792828b6491547e9870b90cb610.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 14
They are using Modulr and giving out Irish IBAN's so not bad at all. Only issue I see is that your Fiat will be converted to USDC/EUROC it says.

Reactions: blizz
Where do they say this?

When you are opening the Euro account and just below the "Accept" button. It warns you and says:

"I understand and agree that my fiat will be converted to the USDC/EUROC as shown above, and that this balance is not an emoney balance"

I just opened it and it didn’t say that bor&%#
Did you scroll down to very bottom? It was cleverly just below the terms and conditions line in grey text...lol.

Maybe I didn’t…
But are you sure you are not referring to the X Account?
This is way I see in my Eur account details, nothing suggests that they will convert to crypto and it would be strange.

View attachment 4030

Yup you needed to have scrolled down to under the "Accept" button. They hid if from immediate view.

Are you guys satisfied with Wirex and can they be trusted?

Do they accept crypto money received / sent?

Used them for years even when they were called e-coin, Been through like 3 different IBANs and then total lose of IBAN service. Now they are back with IBAN service so just be warned. But never had an issue with them...touch wood.

Yes they accept crypto receive and send its not a captive system like Revolut.

Reactions: DerAufklaerer
Correct:

Please be informed that 3rd parties can send funds to your Wirex Account via bank transfer.

They will just need your Sort Code and Account Number / IBAN and BIC and they will be able to send GBP / EUR to you. They must use the exact same beneficiary name on the payment that you have on your Wirex account.

For more information about bank transfers, please check this article: https://wirexapp.com/help/article/adding-and-withdrawing-funds-with-wirex-0958

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
xxxxx
Customer Support Representative

Reactions: Martin Everson
Anyone got a Sort Code and Account Number for their GBP account?
I think these are reserved to UK residents
Cool so account can accept third-party funds and send to third-parties :p. This maybe the crypto on/off ramp people been looking for. Interesting crypto friendly USP if if all works.
Better to wait for some Guinea pig to test this functionality

Do wirex have a tendency to freeze funds willy-nilly?
Never happened in 2 years of regular use
Are the outgoing transactions sent in the name of the account owner?
They must be

Issue processing bank transfers​

New incident: Identified
WINC-2650

Affected service: Bank transfers

Affected Coin: EUR/GBP

Affected region: EU/UK

Description: A processing issue on our partner’s side is currently affecting bank transfers. To minimize disruption, we have temporarily disabled SEPA and FasterPayments. Our partner is working to resolve the issue. We will update you as soon as we know more.

Time posted​

Sep 20, 16:47 UTC

Components affected​

Major Outage
Fiat transfers

Works now

Last edited:
Reactions: Martin Everson

Latest Threads