Our valued sponsor

Would dropshipping count as UK sourced income?

hdloader11

Mar 13, 2021
Europe
Visit site
I'm thinking of opening a UK LLP for my dropshipping business, selling solely to customers in UK. Situation is as follows:

1) I'm planning on getting a transferwise account + card, and receive GBP to that account.

2) I already have a supplier who has the products in their warehouse inside the UK. So there will be nothing that will go through customs. This supplier has already imported these products and paid VAT+Customs duties on each and every one.

UK LLPs are pass through entities, but there is a mention of UK sourced income being taxable. From my experience using USA LLCs, US sourced income is a very limited definition that doesn't include dropshipping, and doesn't apply to majority of businesses who have no significant presence in USA.

So my question is that would my profits from dropshipping to UK considered UK sourced income? Or would it be like in USA and not taxed.

Reactions: PaulKruger
Where are the partners located?

In any case you'd have to register for UK VAT as you're shipping from within the UK, even if all sales are zero rated exports.

Btw, the supplier doesn't pay vat on import of those items (if they are vat registered).

Where are the partners located?

In any case you'd have to register for UK VAT as you're shipping from within the UK, even if all sales are zero rated exports.

Btw, the supplier doesn't pay vat on import of those items (if they are vat registered).

Partners are located outside of EU. But it seems like I will still have to collect VAT. Makes more sense to get a US LLC instead then.

But if you ship from the UK and it is the US LLC that own the products which is not located in the UK so you don't need to charge VAT right ?
Ship from the UK when the product is not located in the UK, how is that possible?

If you ship from the UK then the product is in the UK and you have to charge vat to UK customers. Or zero rate exports.

Latest Threads