Our valued sponsor

Wyoming, Delaware or New Mexico, please tell me what's your choice?

I see the attraction, but just those two forms is a lot more than what a UK ltd (treaty non-resident) requires. With a $25.000 minimum penalty for late filing I feel like the expected cost of such a setup is higher than what you say.
If it's treaty non resident then it's resident somewhere else, why not just form a company in that country then?

And, you'd still have to file accounts with companies house.

Do you pay an accountant to file the required documents with HMRC?

And BTW which documents needs to be filed for a non resident UK LTD?

I'm actually paying a law firm, so I'm probably paying too much, but the filings are interesting.

Although I'm not 100% sure, I think the company has the status "dormant for Corporation Tax". The HMRC doesn't mention treaty non-resident companies on their web page, but I assume that the lawyer has requested this status. What's great about this is that all that is filed every year only CS01, a total of 5-6 pages of boilerplate stuff, including dormant accounts, which aren't really accounts, it's just a confirmation that the company is still dormant and does not need to file accounts nor is in need of an audit. The reported balance consists of only the issued share capital and is completely unrelated to the balance for the PE in the resident country. I believe the crucial point is that the company have never "traded", as in never traded in the UK, thus it's in essence filing as if it still was a shelf company.

I trust that this filing is legal as my lawyer has this as his expertise. I guess that's why I pay €200 for him to send an electronic filing every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marzio
Look, i wanted send you a PM but you probably disabled that feature so i'm going to ask you to tell me the law firm that did that for you since i'm interested in creating a non-resident UK LTD. 200€ a year it's a price i'm more than willing to pay.

If you don't want to answer in public just send me a PM :)

Guys get back on topic here.. you have been discussing UK LLP and the subject is a whole other! It's so annoying to move posts all the time!

Reactions: mmichi and sdip
I'm considering to setup a New Mexico LLC as holding company to prtect my assets from future trouble. Will there be any limitations as you see it? I'm not a US citizen, I only have crypto assets which I want to protect, so for someone not knowing better I read it as this is a good setup for me?

there are three methods
1: fax, takes about 2 months
2: Post mail takes about 1 month
3: calling the IRS at the number provided for foreigners, this is immediate.

For the process of the LLC in addition to the registered agent there are sites that do the management for free
I think something changed with the IRS because today I called twice (N° +1 267-941-1099, also the option for requesting the information in spanish is no longer available) to get the EIN number and got rejected, I've been told to do it either by mail or fax, they said that if the bussines is filed in the US, this is the only way to go, so I assumed that the telephone option would be for bussines filed abroad?
I have a very similar setup with the New mexico llc with the same provider, Tomorrow I'll try with a different number to see if I can make it by phone, otherwise I'll try by fax. If you have any insights in how to do it the right way it will be much appreciated
Thank you for the valuable data you provided

I think something changed with the IRS because today I called twice (N° +1 267-941-1099, also the option for requesting the information in spanish is no longer available) to get the EIN number and got rejected, I've been told to do it either by mail or fax, they said that if the bussines is filed in the US, this is the only way to go, so I assumed that the telephone option would be for bussines filed abroad?
I have a very similar setup with the New mexico llc with the same provider, Tomorrow I'll try with a different number to see if I can make it by phone, otherwise I'll try by fax. If you have any insights in how to do it the right way it will be much appreciated
Thank you for the valuable data you provided
You can apply by telephone only for foreign companies.

If the company was incorporated in the US and you as an authorized person do not have a SSN, you can only apply by fax and mail.

You can apply by telephone only for foreign companies.

If the company was incorporated in the US and you as an authorized person do not have a SSN, you can only apply by fax and mail.
What would be a foreign company? I'm forming a llc that will not operate within USA, I'm a foreigner and I don´t live there also, and still not qualify for "Foreign", almost the same setup thar @sdip mentioned. That's why i was asking-

[QUOTE = "Agrant, publicación: 144656, miembro: 16825"]
¿Qué sería una empresa extranjera? Estoy formando una LLC que no operará en EE. UU., Soy extranjero y tampoco vivo allí, y aún no califico para "Extranjero", casi la misma configuración que [USER = 17599] @sdip [/ USUARIO] mencionado. Por eso es que preguntaba
[/ CITAR]

Well, the information that I have put here is the correct one, I have requested the EIN by international telephone to the one mentioned here, the attention was in Spanish, who attended me in Spanish it was very difficult to communicate speaking Spanish, they speak it very badly, but the predisposition It was the best, I insisted on the only call I made that I take the application for ein only once and with that I reached for the agent who attended me to complete the SS4 form by phone, then he gave me the EIN number and the Approximately 10 days my registered agent received the document I think by fax and he has scanned it and put it in my documents to download, basically that was the process .... the telephone service has to work, this is given to follow up of sending a fax when there is no response, and for that case they have the obligation to do the process by phone. I hope you have success, tell your experience ..

Reactions: clemens
they speak it very badly, but the predisposition It was the best, I insisted on the only call I made that I take the application for ein only once and with that I reached for the agent who attended me to complete the SS4 form by phone, then he gave me the EIN number and the Approximately 10 days my registered agent received the document
so you say you got your EIN number with this New Mexico agent? do you mind to tell us who they are?

so you say you got your EIN number with this New Mexico agent? do you mind to tell us who they are?
I obtained the EIN myself by calling the international number, yesterday I called to see if it was true that there were changes in the attention in Spanish and it still works, you have to mark option 2 for the attention in Spanish, an agent will attend you and complete the form ss4 by phone at the end gives you the EIN number, that saves it well, and after about 10 days, the registered agent receives the official documentation from the IRS, they upload it to the client's panel to be downloaded

Reactions: clemens

Latest Threads