Our valued sponsor

Wyoming LLC - Buy Crypto

LuckyLuciano

Aug 7, 2022
Miami
Visit site
Hey Folks, I own a Wyoming LLC and my bank account is registered with Mercury. I'm a non-US citizen. I was wondering if I am allowed to use my company CC in order to purchase crypto? Also, what are the best exchanges for buying crypto for my company - I was mostly considering Binance and FTX. Wire/ACH is also a payment option that I can use for loading up my account.

What is needed to sucessfuly pass the kyc procedure on Kraken for WY LLC?
you just need all the incorporation documents, passport and that's it.

I don't know if Mercury is happy with crypto, I would ask them or check if you can find the information on their website.

Do you perhaps know if I need to pay corporate tax for crypto purchase in WY and if I'm allowed to move the crypto on to a personal account?
personal tax apply

Hey Folks, I own a Wyoming LLC and my bank account is registered with Mercury. I'm a non-US citizen. I was wondering if I am allowed to use my company CC in order to purchase crypto? Also, what are the best exchanges for buying crypto for my company - I was mostly considering Binance and FTX. Wire/ACH is also a payment option that I can use for loading up my account.
Your Mercury debit card should work (haven't tried myself). Mercury won't have any issues. You should have proof of funds ready for any questions from Mercury.

It is usually a very bad idea for a non-US resident to use an US LLC to buy crypto: Virtual Currencies | Internal Revenue Service
"Virtual currency transactions are taxable by law just like transactions in any other property. Taxpayers transacting in virtual currency may have to report those transactions on their tax returns."

How will you do accounting for buying crypto?
It appears that cryptocurrency meets the definition of an intangible asset in IAS 38 as it is capable of being separated from the holder and sold or transferred individually and, in accordance with IAS 21, it does not give the holder a right to receive a fixed or determinable number of units of currency.
In certain circumstances, and depending on an entity’s business model, it might be appropriate to account for cryptocurrencies in accordance with IAS 2, Inventories, because IAS 2 applies to inventories of intangible assets.

It is usually a very bad idea for a non-US resident to use an US LLC to buy crypto: Virtual Currencies | Internal Revenue Service
"Virtual currency transactions are taxable by law just like transactions in any other property. Taxpayers transacting in virtual currency may have to report those transactions on their tax returns."

It appears that cryptocurrency meets the definition of an intangible asset in IAS 38 as it is capable of being separated from the holder and sold or transferred individually and, in accordance with IAS 21, it does not give the holder a right to receive a fixed or determinable number of units of currency.
In certain circumstances, and depending on an entity’s business model, it might be appropriate to account for cryptocurrencies in accordance with IAS 2, Inventories, because IAS 2 applies to inventories of intangible assets.
AFAIK, crypto transactions are taxable the same way as stocks. And stocks and other investments are capital gains free for non-residents, so I don't belive that crypto would be an exception. Although if you lend your cryptos and make interest, there may be the case where that's taxable income.