Our valued sponsor

Zenus and CRS

If Zenus operates in Puerto Rico which is a non CRS territory, does that mean Zenus does not share reporting to my country of residence outside of the USA?
Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States. As well as the United States it's a non-AEOI/CRS country. Nevertheless, there is FATCA enforced in the United States; I do not know whether is concerns also Puerto Rico: if not then you cannot be reported, if yes then in theory you can be reported; but in the practice company accounts from the U.S. are not reported and personal ones rarely, AFAIK (FATCA represents rather one-way information flow, about US citizens to the feds from abroad).

Reactions: Eldubb and koohl
Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States. As well as the United States it's a non-AEOI/CRS country. Nevertheless, there is FATCA enforced in the United States; I do not know whether is concerns also Puerto Rico: if not then you cannot be reported, if yes then in theory you can be reported; but in the practice company accounts from the U.S. are not reported and personal ones rarely, AFAIK (FATCA represents rather one-way information flow, about US citizens to the feds from abroad).
Thanks for the info. Gives me an avenue to look into further.

I think FATCA is one side reporting - signatories inform IRS about US citizens, US doesnt report anything or does it very very rarely as far as I know

Due to its peculiar status, Puerto Rico is exempt from FATCA.
A valuable information (as usually, from you ;) ); thanks for sharing.

Due to its peculiar status, Puerto Rico is exempt from FATCA.

Attracting tax evaders and money launderers is how these Puerto Rican quasi-banks survive.
Interesting, but that would mean they won't survive long term :(

They are good with me and some people here in this forum

They asked me some documents about my income so they are really a legit bank

Yes they are not with FATCA and CRS which is great but they are legit and great bank and they are not like other Puerto Ricoan banks so dont think they are open freely recieve or send money

Interesting, but that would mean they won't survive long term :(
Some thinks because they are in Puerto Rico that means they will do the same like others

But this bank act like a normal US bank and they have a compliance department who are strict they even ask you a form W-8Ben to fill it to compelete registering

Last edited:
But won't other banks say Europe don't block this neobank because it's location ?

Puerto Rico was where Shiff's bank was based, the J5 came down on that (proven innocent but bankrupted the bank, and bank depositors still haven't been refunded).

Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot barge pole.

Reactions: 12345

Latest Threads