Our valued sponsor

​I have a partner that signed up for FBME

jorge

Corporate Services
Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a partner that signed up for FBME but the bank wants an Apostilled passport and in the Ukraine I am told this is illegal -- the group I use in Belize would not notarize their documents and FBME did not accept the Ukrainian notar. They wish to therefore apply with USB, however I want you to check their passport and make sure it is OK.

Ouch FBME bank, they are not the most easey bank to get an account approval with. Lots and lots of documents less support! USB bank is a great alternative so Piraeus and Bank of Cyprus are !

You don't need to ask the question what is wrong with FBME! No one want to bank with them. You can find better banks i.e. Mauritius, Anguilla, St.Vincent and in Cyprus that are much better and have a better support towards their customers. They are asking endless questions before you get the account and then again after the account is opened!

Reactions: marcel and quickfix
I have a partner that signed up for FBME but the bank wants an Apostilled passport and in the Ukraine I am told this is illegal -- the group I use in Belize would not notarize their documents and FBME did not accept the Ukrainian notar. They wish to therefore apply with USB' date=' however I want you to check their passport and make sure it is OK.[/quote']
Another fool WHO got bruned by FBME bank.. I would not ever consider this bank to be valid for my business!

Reactions: marcel
Beside the 1 side opinions from some forum members here I didn't heard anything bad about FBME bank. I can find many posts on other forums and blogs about them to be very slow, time consuming and requiring lots and lots of documents.

Reactions: marcel
I have a partner that signed up for FBME but the bank wants an Apostilled passport and in the Ukraine I am told this is illegal -- the group I use in Belize would not notarize their documents and FBME did not accept the Ukrainian notar. They wish to therefore apply with USB' date=' however I want you to check their passport and make sure it is OK.[/quote']
UPS why did he ever signed up with FBME!! Fail Fail Fail.

Reactions: happyjohn
Another fool WHO got bruned by FBME bank.. I would not ever consider this bank to be valid for my business!
They are a valid bank, problem is just they are strict and they have very high fees. The Internet banking is difficult to use. Their application process is a joke.

Reactions: happyjohn
They are a valid bank, problem is just they are strict and they have very high fees. The Internet banking is difficult to use. Their application process is a joke.
I think they made lots of improvements to their banking systems. Yesetdray I visited one of my business partners who holds an account for a long time and told me already last year to go and open an account with FBME, I didn't managed to do so yet.. what I saw was actually perfectly fine. Great security double token device and PIN system.

Personally I would simply register a new offshore company somewhere to get the incorporation documents notarized and apostilled, that's pretty much standard for any bank to require that even though many offshore company formation service agents are announcing cheap incorporation because they don't deliver this and don't make the client aware of the importance of it.

In worst case, can't your partner just visit the bank personally if it's that much of a problem?

There are lots of banks you could use instead, that are far less strict, easy to work with and allows for account opening with document scans only.

In worst case, can't your partner just visit the bank personally if it's that much of a problem?

There are lots of banks you could use instead, that are far less strict, easy to work with and allows for account opening with document scans only.
What banks are they?

Personally I would simply register a new offshore company somewhere to get the incorporation documents notarized and apostilled' date=' that's pretty much standard for any bank to require that even though many offshore company formation service agents are announcing cheap incorporation because they don't deliver this and don't make the client aware of the importance of it.[/quote']
That's what I actually did and now everything is fine.

Would like to know what other banks are less strict? For me it seems most are the same in regards to documents requirements.