Our valued sponsor

Advice needed. Best offshore incorporation country/setup

EddyM

Aug 9, 2023
Europe
Visit site
Hi all,

I would please need some advice regarding offshore inc + bank account. Apologies in advance for the long message but I would like to give as much context as possible.

My associate and I are actively engaged in establishing a business entity. Our venture will cater as an intermediary service, facilitating transactions for various parties, primarily within the commodities sector. The geographical flexibility of this enterprise allows it to operate on a global scale. Presently, our focal points encompass Africa, and potentially Asia, contingent upon the evolutionary trajectory of the business.

In light of these considerations, we anticipate entering into contracts involving substantial commissions. Our rationale for seeking an offshore structure is threefold:
- Ensuring Confidentiality (I understand that this might not be 100% possible)
- Optimizing Taxation
- Reflecting the fact that the countries/clients we intend to engage with are beyond our current fiscal residencies (I, a French fiscal resident, and my associate, a Portuguese fiscal resident). Consequently, establishing a presence within Europe seems unnecessary at this juncture.

Additionally, a pivotal requirement for us entails the provision of a business-associated bank account, complemented by the potential necessity of individual bank accounts for both my associate and myself.

Happy hear your suggestions on the possible jurisdictions and type or incorporation.

Many thanks

Just set it up in Portugal/France as you will be paying taxes there anyway... And as Johnny noted, once the business starts to make a considerable amount of cash (which statistically is unlikely anyway) you can move to optimize your taxes (or get a tax advisor for your own country if you are not willing to move). Thinking about tax optimization without considerable income will only cost you money / make your advisor(s) happy