Our valued sponsor

An AML officers here? Need an advice on AML course

Kimi

Oct 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Need an advice on AML courses and certificates.

I have been in the banking industry for quite a while about 5 years now, and now I am thinking about moving on as an AML officer. The goal is to find a job in one of the financial institutions here in Cyprus, as I want to move away from business development. However I have no idea where to start from and what course I need exactly.
Which certificates are most recognized ?
I am not looking for Udemy free type of course, rather a course and certificate that will give me in-depth understanding and knowledge.
I know there are several aspects to it but it would be a good idea to learn and get certified as much as I can over the next few months.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to give an advice.

I have been in the banking industry for quite a while about 5 years now, and now I am thinking about moving on as an AML officer. The goal is to find a job in one of the financial institutions here in Cyprus, as I want to move away from business development. However I have no idea where to start from and what course I need exactly.

Course yeah... certificate of law degree from university is the one that is recognized.

I toally agree with @Sols

I am not looking for Udemy free type of course, rather a course and certificate that will give me in-depth understanding and knowledge.
I know there are several aspects to it but it would be a good idea to learn and get certified as much as I can over the next few months.
Any suggestions?
Don't sweat it. Being a normal AML officer usually only requires working experience at a financial institution and/or some financial/legal diploma.
Then they usually will just give you courses and/or training in-house. So you will just receive basically all the relevant info in-house.
Also as this makes to most sense given that some laws are dependent on the industry (banking, corporate services, etc.) and others are more global. Combined with companies often using differing compliance software (some including worldcheck and some not where you have to do a worldcheck check additionally oftentimes).

Reactions: Kimi
Hi everyone,

Need an advice on AML courses and certificates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to give an advice.
if you are in banking industry already, ask one of your peers. It is easy to do and if the bank your working at is only halfway decent, you can ask even in house what is needed.

Reactions: Kimi