Our valued sponsor

Best jurisdiction for real estate company - EU preferred

landogarner

Apr 28, 2020
Visit site
Hello everybody.

I own some real estate in a Western European country (not really big assets) and I would like to transfer them into a company before moving from this country to Malta. Sadly sales tax will apply on that transfer but that's the price I'll have to pay...

Now I am looking for the best jurisdiction for this company under total cost and safety aspects. As you see, no privacy targets involved, everything plain and official, I just don't want to be the direct owner of the real estate anymore.

Thanks for your input..

Maybe UK LLP? Or in some countries it's better to set up a company in that same country and have a UK LLP that owns this local company, but the cost will be higher. All depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Thanks to both of you and yes, I should explain what I would like to achieve.
Main target is low tax and high security asset holding especially with heritage to my children in mind. I have been thinking about a simple trust structure but I am unsure which jurisdiction might be best for that. There are Cyprus and Malta trusts but you never know what will happen in EU legally in the next decades - this system is getting really strange.. Of course there is BVI and there are US trusts both those seem to be quite expensive. Or maybe there is even a better solution than a trust ?

Thanks again !

What you need is a foundation.

Thanks to both of you and yes, I should explain what I would like to achieve.
Main target is low tax and high security asset holding especially with heritage to my children in mind. I have been thinking about a simple trust structure but I am unsure which jurisdiction might be best for that. There are Cyprus and Malta trusts but you never know what will happen in EU legally in the next decades - this system is getting really strange.. Of course there is BVI and there are US trusts both those seem to be quite expensive. Or maybe there is even a better solution than a trust ?

Thanks again !

Reactions: M4S

Latest Threads