Our valued sponsor

Bitcoin 34000 US$ as of today!

Firstly you need to think how you will get your $ from ETH :)
Wat's the problem if you use services like kraken, binance or similar ?

BTW: it has growing over night, up with 41500 US$

Sure enough, today gold is down and bitcoin up LOL
Uh . . . what were you saying? At the end of the day, gold is up over over $30/ounce (1.6%) and Bitcoin is down over six percent. As I stated earlier, this is now an established trend. During a world crisis, gold goes up while Bitcoin goes down. Why? Because gold is real money and insurance against uncertainty, while Bitcoin is purely a speculation. During a crisis, investors flee to real money and de-leverage from the risk of speculative trades.

Reactions: FlipnShip
I am obviously talking about the overall price trend during the period of the Ukraine crisis, not a single day.
but a single month taken out of a decade ;)

thats how correlation is being made.

Uh . . . what were you saying? At the end of the day, gold is up over over $30/ounce (1.6%) and Bitcoin is down over six percent. As I stated earlier, this is now an established trend. During a world crisis, gold goes up while Bitcoin goes down. Why? Because gold is real money and insurance against uncertainty, while Bitcoin is purely a speculation. During a crisis, investors flee to real money and de-leverage from the risk of speculative trades.
How to store and move gold? Especially in times of crisis.
Lets say for "just" a 500k, which is already 10kg which is a already a lot to carry for the untrained western.

i agree on your main message however btc will have its time together with gold when cbdc's are going to be implemented .the current downtrend is to kill all long positions and margin and accumulate coins so they can have their last final move.However these coins will in the end fail to hold value (basicly a milking asset like dotcom bubble to finance new tech) where gold will hold and even skyrocket at the implementation of sdr's

i agree on your main message however btc will have its time together with gold when cbdc's are going to be implemented .the current downtrend is to kill all long positions and margin and accumulate coins so they can have their last final move.However these coins will in the end fail to hold value (basicly a milking asset like dotcom bubble to finance new tech) where gold will hold and even skyrocket at the implementation of sdr's
Hopefully it works out. I would not mind loading up on some BTC in the low 20s and rebalance for some still semi surpressed gold once we go over 100 k

How to store and move gold? Especially in times of crisis.
Lets say for "just" a 500k, which is already 10kg which is a already a lot to carry for the untrained western.

remember of the goldban ;) not many solutions expecially when buying for a larger sum when living in a western country
The answer is the same to both of these comments. You store your gold in a safe foreign jurisdiction with a well-established rule of law in a secure private non-bank vault, e.g., Switzerland, Singapore, Cayman Islands, etc. Ideally, you split your gold up between several of these jurisdictions, just to be doubly safe.

Then you move your person, not your gold. If you cannot trust having your gold in your home country, why would you trust your government to leave you unmolested during a crisis? It is far more simple to move yourself, than to move your gold. That is why having multiple residencies and citizenships is so important.

Leaving a year too soon is far better than trying to leave a day late. Read the tea leaves. It is a little-known fact that the Nazi regime tried everything that it could to force as many Jews as possible to leave Nazi Germany. It wanted them gone. All the Jews who listened to that message survived. Those who ignored that message perished. The message was quite clear. Just as Putin's message was quite clear: a guarantee that Ukraine will never join NATO or my guarantee that I myself will make that happen.

Learn to listen. Then visit your gold.

in this kind of situations people mostly react emotional instead of rational.Having family and real estate you love and feel safe makes it very difficult to leave for them.
I learned my lesson in the dotcom bubble to not listen on so called experts to not react emotional but clear rational thinking based on only own conclusions

The answer is the same to both of these comments. You store your gold in a safe foreign jurisdiction with a well-established rule of law in a secure private non-bank vault, e.g., Switzerland, Singapore, Cayman Islands, etc. Ideally, you split your gold up between several of these jurisdictions, just to be doubly safe.

Then you move your person, not your gold. If you cannot trust having your gold in your home country, why would you trust your government to leave you unmolested during a crisis? It is far more simple to move yourself, than to move your gold. That is why having multiple residencies and citizenships is so important.

Leaving a year too soon is far better than trying to leave a day late. Read the tea leaves. It is a little-known fact that the Nazi regime tried everything that it could to force as many Jews as possible to leave Nazi Germany. It wanted them gone. All the Jews who listened to that message survived. Those who ignored that message perished. The message was quite clear. Just as Putin's message was quite clear: a guarantee that Ukraine will never join NATO or my guarantee that I myself will make that happen.

Learn to listen. Then visit your gold.
Ok explain how I can buy a few kg of gold (the real thing, not a paper stating that I own it), then go to Switzerland or Caymans and lock it inside a safe box of which only I have the keys and I can access any time I want.

Latest Threads