Our valued sponsor

Bitcoin Fog - Snitch

wellington

Mentor Group Gold
Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
Never used it myself.

Article outlines and confirms @jafo (our resident 'perp' that won against the DOJ previously) the DOJ's OM (body4body)

Ilya Lichtenstein has gone from high-profile defendant to government witness, testifying against a mixing service that he used to hide laundered assets from the Bitfinex hack.

Note i am not an American, but if i were i'd probably renounce my citizenship given the first opportunity, for 'land of the free' it's continuously broadcast as not to be.

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
It always amazes me how people would use a technology and not do thorough research or if they are not smart enough to ask someone that is. Even in the early days it was clear Bitcoin is pseudoanonymous. No amount of mixing would work. The only 'mixing' that works is centralized website, like Bitcoin Fog, to take coin from person A and give to person B. Hard to prove then person B who holds person As coins has done what LE for example thinks person A has done. It does not stop investigations it only makes them longer, might even discover more 'bad guys' along the way as the lake has a lot of 'pollutants' (example: Tornado cash) and in the cases they can not prove - you are on a watch list.

Most mixers nowadays do exactly what I described and they might come with an extra feature of reducing your AML score to acceptable levels for you to exchange on a CEX. Most people that are still stupid enough to do that can potentially pollute their own coins if the mixer operator does not know what he is doing, and on top of that they forget a very crucial element - everything runs on the Internet which is a global network. If you do not mask your location and not just by using VPNs or Tor as neither will save you if you become a target, then using mixers defeats the purpose. Case in point there are companies that specialize in tracing and they work, sometimes, with LE who provides them IPs of transactions.

Use privacy coins as much as possible, do your research which privacy coins actually have privacy. Layering your defense, expecting every aspect to crack and the consequences of each layer cracking are key even if you are an every bitcoin-er because they will come for us all who wish real, true and irrevocable freedom.

Reactions: flyco and jafo
se a technology and not do thorough research or if they are not smart enough to ask someone that is. Even in the early days it was clear Bitcoin is pseudoanonymous. No amount of mixing would work. The only 'mixing' that works is centralized website, like Bitcoin Fog, to take coin from person A and give to person B. Hard to prove then person B who holds person As coins has done what LE for example thinks person A has done. It does not stop investigations it only makes them longer, might even discover more 'bad guys' along the way as the lake has a lot of 'pollutants' (example: Tornado cash) and in the cases they can not prove - you are on a watch list.
Agreed.

Reactions: jafo
Article outlines and confirms @jafo (our resident 'perp' that won against the DOJ previously) the DOJ's OM (body4body)
100%! I lived that! It's so disconcerting to experience the lack of fairness, justice, application of the written law, and all the other "fantasies" one believes while growing up. hi%# ca#"!

PS. I went to trial! The gov. thought they were so smart that they separated me from my sellers to prosecute the sellers only. They NEVER imagined I would show up last minute in court to testify on behalf of my sellers against the DOJ. That REALLY pissed them off and even when they lost against my sellers and were told that "as a matter of law" the conduct was NOT a proscribed act and thus NOT a felony, they STILL went ahead and prosecuted me in a different US district to try to win... FOUR times! I got acquitted ALL 4 times and ONLY because I went Pro Se.

Last edited: