Our valued sponsor

Bulgaria DTT Question

Andrew Simmons

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I make my money as an affiliate and online website manager and for tax purposes am considering incorporating in Bulgaria due to their 10% corporate tax, 5% dividend tax, and various double tax treaties.

I have a question about double tax treaties. If I'm living in a Scandinavian country (say Norway), but have a company and personal account in Bulgaria will I need to pay any additional taxes on the money I spend in Norway, or will it depend on the treaty? Or does the treaty mean that no further taxation can be applied to income?

I also believe it necessary to pay social security in the country I am residing in, unless I pay it in Bulgaria and receive a certificate to say that I am covered?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks for getting back. Okay, so if I'm self employed it's not really worth it since that'll just add an additional 10% tax unless I want to keep my money in the company. I was hoping the treaty would include dividends and personal income - i.e. if I were to pay myself a salary/dividends in Bulgaria with a personal account there.

Latest Threads