Our valued sponsor

Bulgaria Real Estate

Vor

May 21, 2019
Aruba
Visit site
Does anyone on here have any experience purchasing and renting out real estate in Bulgaria? Specifically the Varna region. I was considering making a purchase in Varna and wondered if there is anything I should look out for when investing there. Prices are very low per square foot I am seeing and this is on online property portals in English which I am sure has a western premium on it not to mention. If anyone has bought property in Bulgaria would love to hear your thoughts!

If you are not an EU citizen, you may be unable to buy land in Bulgaria, without registering a Bulgarian company.

If you are an EU citizen, the process is quite straightforward. If you are thinking of renting it out, I'd say Sofia is your best bet, since there is an ongoing influx of people from the entire country there. Varna is fine too, though. Look out for awful building construction, that would be the main problem you'll encounter (depending on where you come from).

Does anyone on here have any experience purchasing and renting out real estate in Bulgaria? Specifically the Varna region. I was considering making a purchase in Varna and wondered if there is anything I should look out for when investing there. Prices are very low per square foot I am seeing and this is on online property portals in English which I am sure has a western premium on it not to mention. If anyone has bought property in Bulgaria would love to hear your thoughts!
Hello from Bulgaria.
First of all, you're considering to buy a property for yourself, or for renting purposes?
Any requirements, desires, plans?

If you are not an EU citizen, you may be unable to buy land in Bulgaria, without registering a Bulgarian company.

If you are an EU citizen, the process is quite straightforward. If you are thinking of renting it out, I'd say Sofia is your best bet, since there is an ongoing influx of people from the entire country there. Varna is fine too, though. Look out for awful building construction, that would be the main problem you'll encounter (depending on where you come from).
Building quality... And the quality of letting agents is very variable. This is true in Romania, Serbia and Montenegro as well.