Our valued sponsor

Buy property in Portugal and Greece with Bitcoin

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
I want to find out that. Is it possible to buy property in Portugal and Greece with Bitcoin?
Do you have any information regarding this ?
Do any developer accept bitcoin?
There is Portugal Golden Visa , is it possible for crypto investor to buy property and get Portugal Golden visa?
with out any bank account?

Thanks

you don't have to buy it directly with btc, you can be more creative.

OTC exchanges can be the middle man between you and the developer.

So, You (with BTC) >>>OTC exchange (with fiat liquidity) + the OTC bank >>> to the developer

in English, you give the OTC exchange the crypto, they exchange it with fiat and they wire the money to the developer. It can be done without anyone's knowledge, but to be safe, the developer has to be aware of this and you need a lawyer to write all of this on a contract, you also need to contact an accountant to see if this would trigger any tax issue, just to be on the safe side.

you don't have to buy it directly with btc, you can be more creative.

OTC exchanges can be the middle man between you and the developer.

So, You (with BTC) >>>OTC exchange (with fiat liquidity) + the OTC bank >>> to the developer

in English, you give the OTC exchange the crypto, they exchange it with fiat and they wire the money to the developer. It can be done without anyone's knowledge, but to be safe, the developer has to be aware of this and you need a lawyer to write all of this on a contract.
OTC exchange (with fiat liquidity) + the OTC bank
Can you recommanded any OTC bank???

OTC exchange (with fiat liquidity) + the OTC bank
Can you recommanded any OTC bank???
you got me wrong, what I meant that the OTC exchange has their own banking relationship and that they can wire the money directly to the developer.

but yeah, there are crypto banks that works too if you want to deal with a bank and have an account under your name instead of going the OTC route:

just tell them what you want and they will work with you and help you with documents, you are not the only one who did/do that in this space, plenty of other people do this regularly.

Reactions: troubled soul
Are you sure it's possible to pay from some random wire transfer? IIRC property purchasing needs to be paid either through loan or with a transfer from your own account
yeah, I'm sure, I did it before, but it depends on the country, taxes...etc.

and if any problem appeared, it could be solved, as long as you could prove that the crypto was yours and you sold it on the exchange for fiat and then wired it for the developer.
a couple of docs from the exchange could solve this issue and the OTC desk can issue you the relevant documents to be safe and all of this could be included in a contract between you and the developer.

Been there and done that, it's way simpler than it seems, the only thing is that the exchange must be ok with third party transfers, but I find that in most OTC desks, they can find solutions for this issue.

I want to find out that. Is it possible to buy property in Portugal and Greece with Bitcoin?
Do you have any information regarding this ?
Do any developer accept bitcoin?
There is Portugal Golden Visa , is it possible for crypto investor to buy property and get Portugal Golden visa?
with out any bank account?

Thanks
Would you be interested in Cyprus properties (there are a few developers that can accept direct crypto payments).

Reactions: troubled soul
Not true. I have made a break down in another thread as someone was misinforming people. You pay 20% capital gains on the applicable amount when you sell a property. But when you own property there are some very small municipal charges every year, nothing more than that

I know thats theres many reduction if propertie its for live.... but if its new... 19% vat, its not so much?, every countrie its vat like this? or some have just a % for transmission

Latest Threads