Our valued sponsor

Cyprus Ltd Crypto Trading looking for a banking option

CryptoFriend

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

as the thread title suggests I have incoporated a cyprus Ltd and intent to trade crypto. It seems to be very difficult to find a suitable banking option. Can anyone recommend from expierience a bank or EMI that will be accepted by the crypto exchanges when a business account is requested?

Looking forward to you help!

best regards
CryptoFriend

Hi everyone,

as the thread title suggests I have incoporated a cyprus Ltd and intent to trade crypto. It seems to be very difficult to find a suitable banking option. Can anyone recommend from expierience a bank or EMI that will be accepted by the crypto exchanges when a business account is requested?

best regards
CryptoFriend
Hi,

instead of sending money via crypto exchange try to work with some good OTC brokers as on/off ramp.
Advantage of good OTC desks are:
- sourcing quotes from different brokers
- cheaper fees mostly
- the money will be sent/received NOT from a classic Crypto Exchange like Binance or so and it may be more comfortable for some old school banks...

For a bank, without getting ra..d on the fees like Bank Frick and so do, try via Silvergate or Signature Bank.

Imho SEBA and Sygnum may not want to work with Cyprus.

Good luck.

Hi everyone,

best regards
CryptoFriend
There are a couple of Cyprus EMIs that are willing to get crypto-related clients. Otherwise you would have to look in a foreign bank - as no Cyprus banks would accept this at the moment.

Happy to discuss more.

Which specific license are you referring to? There don't seem to be any licenses in Cyprus yet that would be suitable for a trading Ltd.
You don't need a license for a crypto trading company.

A registration with the regulator is required if you offer services to third parties as a crypto asset service provider -i.e. crypto exchanges, custodians etc. This is not the case with a simple company set up for trading purposes

There are a couple of Cyprus EMIs that are willing to get crypto-related clients. Otherwise you would have to look in a foreign bank - as no Cyprus banks would accept this at the moment.

Happy to discuss more.
I'm looking into this right now, would you be interested to help me?
I already incorporated a CY limited company and I have a local business account with CDB - but I don't feel confident to have my cryptocurrency-contractor income wired directly to them...

I'm looking into this right now, would you be interested to help me?
I already incorporated a CY limited company and I have a local business account with CDB - but I don't feel confident to have my cryptocurrency-contractor income wired directly to them...
Don’t withdraw crypto into a Cyprus bank, once they realize they will freeze your account

Reactions: spepe
Well whereever I can manage to get one, probably going to be Bankera or Connectpay, since Bank Frick needs a turnover of 5M CHF
Connectpay doesn't deal with Crypto - only on the institutional level if you are having a Crypto License etc.

Beside of Bankera - Verifo is your best bet.

There are some more but limited to SEPA only - Verifo is your best bet if you require SWIFT as well.

Not surprised on the Bank Frick outcome - in the past they even quoted 10M CHF trunover and then again by far less - they have actually more inquiries they can even handle due to the Crypto boom.

Connectpay doesn't deal with Crypto - only on the institutional level if you are having a Crypto License etc.

Beside of Bankera - Verifo is your best bet.

There are some more but limited to SEPA only - Verifo is your best bet if you require SWIFT as well.

Not surprised on the Bank Frick outcome - in the past they even quoted 10M CHF trunover and then again by far less - they have actually more inquiries they can even handle due to the Crypto boom.
Thanks for the tipp! What would be the SEPA only option?

Thanks for the tipp! What would be the SEPA only option?
Endless options - really.

GuruPay, Ibanera, MisterTango, AnyPayment, Wallter, GlobalnetInt, Interpaylink.

Just a few Lithuania ones out on top another 10-15 based in UK.

I don't recommend any single one of this and if you Google you will figure out that pretty much every one of them has/had regulatory issues as well as we're involved in some scams in the past.