Our valued sponsor

Do I need a company to accept credit card payments online?

youngbilly

Jan 22, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,

I stumbled on this forum years ago, it is very helpful I can say.

Now it’s my turn to ask for advice.
I want register with a payment processor / merchant like paykings payop.
Can I register with them and recieve payments with no company incorporated? Is it possible?

Any answer would be helpful.
Thanks

Yes . You can register under your own name by giving your personal tax ID....Not all allow this but ....As far as I know top payment processor allowed this ....Yes It also depend on your country of residence ...If they allowed this ..
I use PayPal, Skrill and Stripe for processing card payment under my personal name since ages...

Yes . You can register under your own name by giving your personal tax ID....Not all allow this but ....As far as I know top payment processor allowed this ....Yes It also depend on your country of residence ...If they allowed this ..
I use PayPal, Skrill and Stripe for processing card payment under my personal name since ages...
Thanks for your answer.
But I’m looking for high risk payment processor / merchant as it is an adult business.

Do credit card payment processors request company documents? If not can I just make a website and a business email and lie to them that I own a company?

Reactions: troubled soul
Thanks for your answer.
But I’m looking for high risk payment processor / merchant as it is an adult business.

Do credit card payment processors request company documents? If not can I just make a website and a business email and lie to them that I own a company?
IMO There is no need to lie.....Just ask them can I register under my own name and tax id...Most allowed it....there is no problem...common practice for small time business man

I want register with a payment processor / merchant like paykings payop.
Can I register with them and recieve payments with no company incorporated? Is it possible?
The kind of processors you're talking about will insist on signing an agreement with a company. Even though they are largely unregulated, they usually follow international KYC/AML practices (to an extent). They don't care much about the company, though. It's just a checkbox they have to check.

Thanks for the answers!
I researched this topic further and found out that there is no way to accept credit cards in a high risk business without a company.

And more on this, I see a lot of lawsuits in the news in the adult industry and crypto is the way to go IMHO.

Reactions: Universal32
Always better to get a company for your card processing needs to avoid personal liabilities. It's easy to apply for a EU company for a EU merchant account depending on your business.