Our valued sponsor

Do short term tax residency certificates work at all?

I used this list:

- List of phone contacts of new friends in tax residence country. Very easy. Especially in Asia.
- rental contract
- cleaning contract
- sportschool subscription. Cost you just 10-20 bucks.
- get a local newspaper subscription. Can be once a week.
- put yourself in a system by a dentist and doctor.
- postorder receipts.
- all local insurance. Get all the cheap insurances that you can get. Even if you don’t really need them. Some insurances cost just a few euro per month.
- mobile subscription
- health insurance always outside the country where you came from. Even if the claim to be a health insurance company that focus on people living abroad . Even this they try to use against you.
- inform for local business clubs ect. Already an information request by mail for local clubs ect can help you to proof that this is the center of your life. Write them that you just moved to this new country and integrate now and want to join some local clubs and ask for information.
- end all your subscriptions in your home country. No politics party, no donations. Nothing.

For sure I forgot something. I don’t have all my files here.

For me the discussing was directly over. He was even getting a kind of angry to me that I sent this to him because this was not the purpose of the investigation. He event didn’t mention in his letter that he didn’t trust my tax residence but later when I got all my case files everything was written in it about my doubts about tax residence.

I got this list from somebody who was investigated about his tax residence.

Document always everything! This are really basterds. They try cheat you everywhere they can.

Hopefully it’s useful for someone. I don’t visit my birth country anymore. That’s the most easy way to solve this problem. At least try to visit your birth country less as possible.

Document always everything! This are really basterds. They try cheat you everywhere they can.
If you're planning to settle in another country, whether within the EU or elsewhere in Europe, and you are genuinely relocating, you hopefully have deregistered in the country you are coming from, and a natural part would be to find a place to live, get insurances including health insurance, and you would quickly be able to produce receipts from local supermarkets.

So a list like the one above is really good if you're planning to create some kind of fictitious setup. But ordinary people who are genuinely moving from A to B will automatically meet all the conditions.

For example, getting a local mobile subscription, a local bank account, a rented or purchased home, gym membership, doctor, and insurances. This should well cover you.

Reactions: Marketint
If you're planning to settle in another country, whether within the EU or elsewhere in Europe, and you are genuinely relocating, you hopefully have deregistered in the country you are coming from, and a natural part would be to find a place to live, get insurances including health insurance, and you would quickly be able to produce receipts from local supermarkets.

So a list like the one above is really good if you're planning to create some kind of fictitious setup. But ordinary people who are genuinely moving from A to B will automatically meet all the conditions.

For example, getting a local mobile subscription, a local bank account, a rented or purchased home, gym membership, doctor, and insurances. This should well cover you.
Of course you need to deregister. But it’s not that easy.

Yes in most of the cases you were right but you forgot about people that live for example in Germany or Belgium and are born in the Netherlands.

Rich Dutch move to cities like Brasschaat Belgium for cheaper housing and avoid capital gain tax. Or German cities like emmerich am Rhein for lower income tax. Also housing is cheaper in both countries.

I don’t know about Andorra and Gibraltar? Never been there. I know France people are not allowed to enjoy the benefits of Monaco.

"You have a general practitioner in the Netherlands."

“You are a member of 1 or more Dutch associations.”

Of course if you live on the other side of the world and have passport stamps it will make it more easy but you really underestimated the Dutch tax office . They still use what they can. On the end your cost will be so high and are te able to make a settlement with you. This suckers looks even if you have use data for your mobile subscription .

There is a case in the Netherlands of somebody that was living In Belgium and just had a PO Box in The Netherlands which he regular visited. Also many cases for people the not change doctor or dentist.

Even if you have a tax certificate and stamps that you have been more as 181 days in a country they try to doubt it.

Tax authorities know that you have to spend money for lawyers so the can claim what they want .

I am advise nobody to fake his residence for tax benefits. I have really lived in 3 different eu countries and I am glad that I did it this way. Saves me tons of lawyer costs.

Tax authorities know that you have to spend money for lawyers so the can claim what they want .

I am advise nobody to fake his residence for tax benefits. I have really lived in 3 different eu countries and I am glad that I did it this way. Saves me tons of lawyer costs.
I completely agree, don’t think that it's only the Dutch tax authorities that are totally insane, making up stories and lying to the point where you psychologically believe you're a criminal. Both the Danish and the German authorities do exactly the same.

The latest crazy project from the Danish tax authorities is that they claim that a few years ago, I didn't even have a business! We had an accountant who prepared audited accounts that were submitted to the corporate registry, we have paid taxes and VAT, and we have paid salaries from which we also paid the taxes. But because they couldn’t understand our business, they claim it’s disguised dividends and that tax must be paid again, there was no business, this time personal tax, which is 60% in this case.

Tax authorities have been given too many powers; the only thing disguised here is the authorities’ actions, especially the tax authorities because the population is dumb and naive and believes in the authorities. They are a scandal and there should be fair law to appeal such cases for free..

Tax office can look at your phone signal and see when you were roaming and when you were resident. They can look at your digital transactions to see where they took place or where money was being spent, doctors visits etc to name a few. You would need to go off grid and live on cash. You maybe be able to fly below the radar but at some point you may slip up.

No, never, because if you feel at one point they want to hunt you down, you will just vanish. Also tax offices usually goes after offline business , VAT scams, etc

Latest Threads