Our valued sponsor

Does Cyprus bank account has depositor insurance?

Government of Cyprus guarantees deposits up to €100.000 per local bank. Local banks are for instant Bank of Piraeus, Bank of Cyprus and Laiki Marfin etc..

I agree to this. No bank within the EU is allowed to operate without this Insurance, that apply since the Financial crisis in 2009!
Second that and can confirm as long we speak Bank of Cyprus and Bank of Piraeus Cyprus they are insured.

Reactions: alain
Yeah all the major banks in Cyprus have a depositor insurance as required by EU Financial body!

That's very good to know because I'm opening bank account in Cyprus at moment and don't want to get troubles when I transfer my money to the account. I make only 5k profits a week but still it get to some amount over time.

What's with the situation in Greece' date=' will this insurance come into action if something goes wrong in Greece? Cyprus will be affected I assume![/quote']
We all will have to see during the next days, I'm sure they will sort it out ;)

So according to your other comment Amdin' date=' regardless what happen in Greece the banks in Cyprus will continue to operate as usual so this insurance discussion doesn't matter.[/quote']
During the entire financial crisis I didn't realize any issue at all with my banking in Cyprus. This I don't just say but really mean it, no issues the one that was rised are solved quickly.