Our valued sponsor

Premium Advertising Partner Easy Setup - Dubai Company with Residence Visa, Emirates ID and Bank Account

Hi @Barbara Roessle,

Good to have a person (company) hanging around here and help us.

I have some enqueries if I may:

1. Bank accounts want a proof of address. Now a lot of us will not live in UAE. Is this something that you can take care of, or is this what the free zone will do for us?

2. Can we switch from another freezone to yours?

3. What if we already have an IFZA setup (which a lot have) and we like to have you as an assistance expert. Can we switch easily?

4. I read about “-Tax Registration and Accounting Services (easy and cheap yearly packages)”. Can you please tell us how much this costs?

Thanks!
Dear Hanoib,

I am glad to help for any questions related to UAE company setup. FInd my answers below:

1. Bank accounts want a proof of address. Now a lot of us will not live in UAE. Is this something that you can take care of, or is this what the free zone will do for us?
We can take care of it, the Freezone does not offer this service.

2. Can we switch from another freezone to yours?
No, you cannot switch from one Freezone to another. You have to liquidate the old company and go for a new one. But if you already have a license and visa then there is no need to liquidate. We work with most of the major Freezones in the UAE and can handle your issues like renewals, amendments, visas, etc. no matter in which Freezone the company was formed.

3. What if we already have an IFZA setup (which a lot have) and we like to have you as an assistance expert. Can we switch easily?
You can easily switch agency. We can take over any time and handle your affairs. You just need to inform the Freezone directly. We can provide NOC template. But in case of DSL Dubai clients, IFZA is informed and we are one of their leading partners since long time with various awards. You can check with them directly.

4. I read about “-Tax Registration and Accounting Services (easy and cheap yearly packages)”. Can you please tell us how much this costs?
starting from AED 4400 for starter package upto around AED8500 for large firms.

Please let me know if you need further information

I'm sure there are a lot of helpless former DLS clients looking for clarity and direction.

Have you guys considered putting together some welcome/transition package? Something like "These are the new requirements for your company to stay compliant / This is how we can help you / This is how much it costs".

I also expect many people need to renew their Emirates IDs in the following months, and will probably need someone to sort that out. Same as needing help with outgoing bank KYC requirements, compliance, etc.

It's a low-hanging fruit for you guys.
We are very sorry to hear that DLS Dubai seems to have ceased business. It was very sudden. Of course we can help any former client of DSL. Just let us know and we can handle renewals, amendments, compliance issues, NOCs, visas, bank account openings, tax packages, etc...
Most Freezones do NOT deal B2C and will ask the client to go back to their initial setup agency. In this case just let the Freezone know that you want to switch to a new agency and mention their name.

Welcome to the forum Emirates Setup, look forward to see you around.
Thank you

Last edited:
I appreciate the fact you are approaching this audience in the mopst transparent way but disagree with the fact that you have no public prices available on your website.
As you have standard packages published, the fact that prices can be available only after contacting you, it gives an idea that I might get different prices from what other may get.
What's the reason than to have standard packages if I've to contact you to ge the price?
Who's interested in incorporating in UAE will surely make a price comparis.

I appreciate the fact you are approaching this audience in the mopst transparent way but disagree with the fact that you have no public prices available on your website.
As you have standard packages published, the fact that prices can be available only after contacting you, it gives an idea that I might get different prices from what other may get.
What's the reason than to have standard packages if I've to contact you to ge the price?
Who's interested in incorporating in UAE will surely make a price comparis.
Hello, its a good point and we are working on a special package for offshore corptalk members, thats why we havent published the prices yet. We will shortly share a highly competive total package for license, visa, private and coporate bank account.

please find our special packages for offshorecorptalk members below - discounted for the month of October and November

1 -BASIC PACKAGE
Includes:
Business License
Establishment Card
1x Investor Visa* and Emirates ID
Service Fee (includes setup, Visa application, Visa process accompaniment)
TOTAL: AED 26,250
*Employee Visa will be AED1000 less

2- ADVANCED PACKAGE
Includes:
Business License
Establishment Card
1x Investor Visa* and Emirates ID
Corporate Bank Account (local Bank)
Private Bank Account
Service Fee (includes setup, Visa application, Visa process accompaniment, Emirates ID handling)
TOTAL: AED 33,250
*Employee Visa will be AED1000 less

Last edited:
Real estate investors:
If you own a property or a group of properties, you may be granted a Golden visa for a period of 10 years. provision of a letter from the land department of the respective emirate stating that you own one or more properties whose value is not less than 2 million dirhams. or purchase of a property with a loan from specific local banks approved by the competent local entity.

What if the property is over 2M AED but you take advantage of those payment plans, where you pay 1% or so every month, at which stage you can apply for golden visa?

What if the property is over 2M AED but you take advantage of those payment plans, where you pay 1% or so every month, at which stage you can apply for golden visa?
once the buyer has paid 1,000,000 AED - he will be eligible for 10 years golden visa

hm 2 conflicting answers, lets way for a 3rd one to resolve the tie :)
We have recently completed 10 years Golden Visa with absolutely same scenario. The client has a 3.5m AED property with 1.8m AED already paid. The Golden Visa was granted within 5 working days.

Mekan Gurbanov - Senior Consultant
EmiratesSetup Dubai - www.emiratessetup.ae
Business Set-Up in Dubai

Reactions: PinkCat
hm 2 conflicting answers, lets way for a 3rd one to resolve the tie :)
You will get all sorts of different answers, even on DLD website itself. Thats a common thing here. We know because we have recently done for client and DLD counter confirmed. Our client got the golden visa with AED1000000 payment done only....

You will get all sorts of different answers, even on DLD website itself. Thats a common thing here. We know because we have recently done for client and DLD counter confirmed. Our client got the golden visa with AED1000000 payment done only....
Ok great, I'm starting to look at 2M AED properties with payment plan then, is there anything you can assist me with in that case?
You seem helpful, so I would use your services if they fit me as a sign of appreciation.

Ok great, I'm starting to look at 2M AED properties with payment plan then, is there anything you can assist me with in that case?
You seem helpful, so I would use your services if they fit me as a sign of appreciation.
Hello again, sure we can do the golden visa for you once you can proof that you have paid 100000aed towards that apartment or apartments.

I'm having difficulty understanding the value of these services. How does your basic package differ from directly accessing Free Zone websites and proceeding independently, where the costs are significantly lower, approximately 80% less than your prices? Free Zones generally have a high degree of similarity among them, and often, it's not even recommended to operate a company within them due to limitations related to banking, currency, and other factors. So, the only utility of proceeding with them is typically for Visa and related purposes. LLCs in Delaware appear to be a more preferable option in many cases.

Please understand that my intention is not to criticize your services; I simply want to clarify whether my understanding is accurate.
Thank you for seeking to understand the value of our services. We appreciate your need for clarity, and as a result, we are pleased to provide you with insights into how our services differ from approaching a Free Zone directly and going the independent route.

Expertise and Guidance: By engaging our services, you benefit from over 7 years of expertise in setting up businesses and assisting clients with visa procedures. We have a deep understanding of the specific Freezones that are available and that you might be interested in. We not only help you navigate the process, but we also handle it for you, which can be complex and time-consuming if you're not familiar with it. Our expertise can save you valuable time and help avoid costly mistakes.

Reduced Risk: Licenses and activities are not one-size-fits-all in the UAE. We can assist you in choosing the right jurisdiction and activity for your specific business needs, which is crucial. Our services can mitigate the risks associated with selecting the wrong Freezone or activity and potentially not being able to open a bank account.

We understand that a Delaware LLC might be a preferred choice for some businesses. However, there are only a few places in the world that allow you to set up a business almost tax-free, like in the UAE!!

@Barbara Roessle thanks for providing the packages prices of your services.

There is an investor or employee visa in your packages and I would like to understand the differences.

1. I understand that we are “investors” because we set up our company, right?

2. Are there any big differences between investor and employee visa?

3. I heard that the investor visa renewal is 3 years and the employee visa renewal is 2 years, right?

4. You have to visit uae 2x a year with an employee visa and 1x a year with a investor visa, right?

5. With an investor visa, you can’t get any loans in UAE, right?

6. Is it easy to switch from employee to investor visa? And what are the costs?

7. On what information based of the client can you recommend to get an investor or employee visa?

Thank you for your services.

@Barbara Roessle thanks for providing the packages prices of your services.

There is an investor or employee visa in your packages and I would like to understand the differences.

3. I heard that the investor visa renewal is 3 years and the employee visa renewal is 2 years, right?

4. You have to visit uae 2x a year with an employee visa and 1x a year with a investor visa, right?

7. On what information based of the client can you recommend to get an investor or employee visa?

Thank you for your services.
Dear Hanoib, let me clarify as this can be a bit confusing:

Basically yes but you can get still chose between either Investor visa or Employee visa

Investor visa: mandatory entry into UAE every 360days for 24 hours
Employee Visa: mandatory entry into UAE every 180 days for 24 hours
so there is a small advantage of not having to travel to the UAE so often to keep the Visa alive

incorrect information: both visas have a validity of 2 years only.

more difficult but manageable

cannot be switched

this will be discussed only with our customers based on their needs

Thank you @Barbara Roessle. That answers it perfectly.

About number 6. So it’s not possible to dispose the employee visa and create a new investor visa? Or perhaps only after the 2 years employee visa finishes?

This also got me thinking. What if we start with an employee visa and then want to get a golden visa when buying a propery after a year or so. It’s not possible to upgrade and we are stuck with employee visa?

Thank you @Barbara Roessle. That answers it perfectly.

About number 6. So it’s not possible to dispose the employee visa and create a new investor visa? Or perhaps only after the 2 years employee visa finishes?

This also got me thinking. What if we start with an employee visa and then want to get a golden visa when buying a propery after a year or so. It’s not possible to upgrade and we are stuck with employee visa?
old visa can be cancelled and you can reapply for another visa type at any moment. same with golden visa.

Reactions: hanoib
After further research I got some conflicting information, so hoping for clarification from you again! :)

Some people here say that even with 10 years golden visa, if you are tax resident in your home country (spending 6 months + there) Dubai is still obligated to automatically report you to your home country? Is that true?
A lot of people speculate on that so hoping for answer from someone that actually does it and knows the FACTS, as you.

After further research I got some conflicting information, so hoping for clarification from you again! :)

Some people here say that even with 10 years golden visa, if you are tax resident in your home country (spending 6 months + there) Dubai is still obligated to automatically report you to your home country? Is that true?
A lot of people speculate on that so hoping for answer from someone that actually does it and knows the FACTS, as you.
In order to become a Tax Resident there are certain conditions that has to be met based on the Cabinet Decision No. 85 of 2022 on Determination of Tax Residency:
1. If his usual or primary place of residence and the centre of his financial andpersonal interests are in the State, or he meets the conditions and criteriadetermined by a decision from the Minister.
2. If he has been physically present in the State for a period of (183) one hundredand eighty-three days or more, within the relevant (12) twelve consecutivemonths.
3. If he has been physically present in the State for a period of (90) ninety days ormore, within the relevant (12) twelve consecutive months, and he is a UAEnational, holds a valid Residence Permit in the State or holds the nationality ofany member state of the Gulf Cooperation Council, and meets any of the following:
a. He has a Permanent Place of Residence in the State.
b. He carries on an employment or Business in the State.
(Source: https://tax.gov.ae/Datafolder/Files...inet Decision 85 of 2022 - For publishing.pdf)

If you have 10 years golden visa but do not meet these conditions, you will not be considered as a Tax Resident in the UAE. Since UAE is part of The Common Reporting Standard (CRS), it will be obliged to report you to jurisdiction where you are liable to pay income tax or have an obligation to file your tax returns.
(Source: https://mof.gov.ae/wp-content/uploa...tes-for-the-Common-Reporting-Standard-CRS.pdf)

In order to become a Tax Resident there are certain conditions that has to be met based on the Cabinet Decision No. 85 of 2022 on Determination of Tax Residency:
1. If his usual or primary place of residence and the centre of his financial andpersonal interests are in the State, or he meets the conditions and criteriadetermined by a decision from the Minister.
2. If he has been physically present in the State for a period of (183) one hundredand eighty-three days or more, within the relevant (12) twelve consecutivemonths.
3. If he has been physically present in the State for a period of (90) ninety days ormore, within the relevant (12) twelve consecutive months, and he is a UAEnational, holds a valid Residence Permit in the State or holds the nationality ofany member state of the Gulf Cooperation Council, and meets any of the following:
a. He has a Permanent Place of Residence in the State.
b. He carries on an employment or Business in the State.
(Source: https://tax.gov.ae/Datafolder/Files/Legislation/Corporate Tax/Cabinet Decision 85 of 2022 - For publishing.pdf)

If you have 10 years golden visa but do not meet these conditions, you will not be considered as a Tax Resident in the UAE. Since UAE is part of The Common Reporting Standard (CRS), it will be obliged to report you to jurisdiction where you are liable to pay income tax or have an obligation to file your tax returns.
(Source: https://mof.gov.ae/wp-content/uploa...tes-for-the-Common-Reporting-Standard-CRS.pdf)

Thank you, so golden visa is of no help to me since I won't be staying 183 days or 90 days and work or do business there :(
So, in theory they are obligated to report me, but in practice do they automatically report my properties there and bank account balances or not really?