Our valued sponsor

Help needed

aniglo22

Jan 22, 2024
Germany
Visit site
Im currently residing in germany , I want to start an web/advertising agency in an offshore jurisdiction and than if I make enough money move to 0 tax country . I don't need to take money from the company , I only need it to accumulate enough money , so I can move out .

Im currently residing in germany , I want to start an web/advertising agency in an offshore jurisdiction and than if I make enough money move to 0 tax country . I don't need to take money from the company , I only need it to accumulate enough money , so I can move out .
Why don't you start the company in Germany first and see if you can actually make money from it? No point trying to run before you can walk.

Reactions: jafo
The issue with starting a business in Germany to see if it can generate profit is that you won't escape the tax authorities unless you dissolve the company and then move to the zero-tax country you mentioned. However, this can be an expensive and complicated affair.

Reactions: jafo and polonieth
I already have here but i dont want to pay german tax for clients outside germany . I do around 35 mrr
Ah ok, I thought it was starting a business from zero.

35k a month and already a Gmbh company?

I guess this gets messy; you would need to speak to an expert. You couldn't start a new company and keep it all separate and then move, even if it was 'offshore' you'd still be controlling it from Germany.

The issue with starting a business in Germany to see if it can generate profit is that you won't escape the tax authorities unless you dissolve the company and then move to the zero-tax country you mentioned. However, this can be an expensive and complicated affair.
True, but I wouldn't even start a company for a web business before knowing I could make it work. Too many people incorporate, bank accounts etc. etc. and never even make a penny.

Reactions: jafo
Won't work (legally). Any company you form is going to end up tax resident in Germany and liable to pay tax exactly the same as your GmbH.

You might be able to get away with it for a while or maybe even forever, but in a world of increasing data sharing and information transparency, the risks of getting caught become greater all the time.

With 35,000 EUR MRR, you're beginning to get into the amount ranges where you become interesting to the tax man.

Don't like German tax? Don't live in Germany. Simple as that.

With an EU passport, you have Malta and Cyprus easily available. More options available outside EU.

Reactions: polonieth and Don
I think i phrased my thread wrong , I want an offshore for international clients(don't need to take anything out only when i finally move) but that would require to change my tax residence right ? And than later sell everything including my current business in Germany and move somewhere else .

I think i phrased my thread wrong , I want an offshore for international clients(don't need to take anything out only when i finally move) but that would require to change my tax residence right ? And than later sell everything including my current business in Germany and move somewhere else .
If you start a company offshore now, it will still be treated as a German company as that's where you, the point of control, are based.

You would need to move away from Germany, cut all ties and establish substance elsewhere.

Reactions: Wyoming