Our valued sponsor

How on earth is EUSSR still standing?

Better to reside in countries like Dubai, Qatar and Singapore etc. The masses can't influence their free-market policies, which is for the better. A flaw the founding fathers of the US sadly didn't foresee.
We now see that even Dubai is very easily "influenced" to remove their 0% tax 50-year promise...

The beautiful irony of this thread is that all the people here that whined about the "EUSSR" and left to Dubai are now scrambling to close up their shops in the UAE since the corporate tax was introduced.
Meanwhile anybody that resides in any of the multiple European tax havens just enjoys his life stress-free...

Reactions: Trayon and Don
Better to reside in countries like Dubai, Qatar and Singapore etc. The masses can't influence their free-market policies, which is for the better. A flaw the founding fathers of the US sadly didn't foresee.

The same thing in Sweden. My former neighbor struggled for ten months because a single mom refused to pay. This was twelve years ago and he still hasn't gotten his money. It's because she's in so much debt she will never be able to pay back. Although the situation in Spain sounds unique since you need a rental contract or something. You can't just break in and squat there. Or at least to my knowledge. Although nothing surprises me about that country any longer

I can't imagine if you used it to store gold or art.
Good luck by the way, and I'd like to make a small correction Gypsies not Romanians ;)

No need to have a rental contract at all, if you manage to get into the property, legally or illegally, you'll live rent free (including utilities) until the court tells the police to kick you out a few years down the line, and don't expect to get any money from the squatters... I know it sounds crazy... I've learned the hard way...

I understand more than ever moving to Dubai or any other jurisdiction far from the EUSSR.

Reactions: jafo
not sure how real this squatting problem is but can't it be solved by couple of guys from local gym who are going to stay in the same place for a while?

If you dare to bother the Squatters they will call the cops and you'll be arrested and you'll face 2 years of prison for coercion, you must go through the court system.

If you have any doubts I'm sure you'll be able to read about it online.

Many are from Eastern Europe, others from Morocco, others native Spanish people abusing the system.

A friend of mine bought a house, the former owners of the house got the money and decided to stay in the house, 3 years later the former owners is still living in the house that they sold, it's insane but the court system is extremely slow so there's the loophole and people are taking advantage of it more than ever.

multiple European tax havens
Which ones?

If you dare to bother the Squatters they will call the cops and you'll be arrested and you'll face 2 years of prison for coercion, you must go through the court system.

If you have any doubts I'm sure you'll be able to read about it online.

Many are from Eastern Europe, others from Morocco, others native Spanish people abusing the system.

A friend of mine bought a house, the former owners of the house got the money and decided to stay in the house, 3 years later the former owners is still living in the house that they sold, it's insane but the court system is extremely slow so there's the loophole and people are taking advantage of it more than ever.
@Radko , I'm really distraught reading about this. I have customers in Marbella, Barcelona, Sevilla, Madrid etc etc and they have mentioned similar things and I thought some of them were exaggerating. Your explanation made me realize how bad the situation is.
What do the big real-estate multinationals that rent apartments do against squatters?

what do you mean "bother"? - the owner can rent the place (written contract) to anyone, right? even in a mickey mouse country like Spain this should be his right...

what do you mean "bother"? - the owner can rent the place (written contract) to anyone, right? even in a mickey mouse country like Spain this should be his right...

If squatters manage to get into your property, legally or illegally, you can't just send two guys from the local gym to intimidate them so they leave. The Squatters will call the cops, they have Rights under Spanish law, you cannot take the law into your own hands, you are screwed until the system kicks them out.

I know it's hard to understand...

Which ones?
Monaco, Cyprus, Malta, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Guernsey, UK non-dom, and the list goes on.

@Radko , I'm really distraught reading about this. I have customers in Marbella, Barcelona, Sevilla, Madrid etc etc and they have mentioned similar things and I thought some of them were exaggerating. Your explanation made me realize how bad the situation is.
There is an easy solution: don't buy real estate in Spain.

There are many countries that ACTIVELY discourage you from buying real estate. Switzerland for example will ask you to pay TAX for POTENTIAL RENTAL INCOME that you did NOT receive, if your apartment is empty and you do not live in it. What's the solution? DON'T BUY REAL ESTATE IN SWITZERLAND.

This obsession with buying real estate is very middle-class. When you calculate all your costs, potential legal problems, regulatory problems, you will see that you underperform a simple ETF with 10 times the headache. This is also for 'good' jurisdictions - just a reminder that if you bought real estate in Dubai in 2009 you're still underwater on your investment.

Monaco, Cyprus, Malta, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Guernsey, UK non-dom, and the list goes on.

There is an easy solution: don't buy real estate in Spain.

There are many countries that ACTIVELY discourage you from buying real estate. Switzerland for example will ask you to pay TAX for POTENTIAL RENTAL INCOME that you did NOT receive, if your apartment is empty and you do not live in it. What's the solution? DON'T BUY REAL ESTATE IN SWITZERLAND.

This obsession with buying real estate is very middle-class. When you calculate all your costs, potential legal problems, regulatory problems, you will see that you underperform a simple ETF with 10 times the headache. This is also for 'good' jurisdictions - just a reminder that if you bought real estate in Dubai in 2009 you're still underwater on your investment.

The dream of the middle class, to own a home, great marketing by the banks.

Meanwhile anybody that resides in any of the multiple European tax havens just enjoys his life stress-free...
What are these multiple european tax havens ????

You need to spend your money
1689266329241.png

This is one of the most important facts of life that is lost on 99.99% of people!

If squatters manage to get into your property, legally or illegally, you can't just send two guys from the local gym to intimidate them so they leave. The Squatters will call the cops, they have Rights under Spanish law, you cannot take the law into your own hands, you are screwed until the system kicks them out.

If anyone wants to watch it with automated english translation:
It was being occupied for over 2 years and as you can see the apartment building isnt really a place to live in anymore.

Extreme case but stuff like this happens every day. If you have a single apartment to rent out and living of the income for example, you will be f*cked for 2 years and probably need to cover tons of costs.

Im not into spanish politics but this got me laughing hard:

• Wow
Reactions: Radko and jafo
If anyone wants to watch it with automated english translation:
It was being occupied for over 2 years and as you can see the apartment building isnt really a place to live in anymore.

Extreme case but stuff like this happens every day. If you have a single apartment to rent out and living of the income for example, you will be f*cked for 2 years and probably need to cover tons of costs.

Im not into spanish politics but this got me laughing hard:

Spanish Politicians, as fake, phony, and corrupted as they get!

Reactions: jafo

Having a webcam or home security system is usually enough to prevent squatters. As soon as you get alerted that someone has broken in, the police can be notified and they'll get them out (as long as it's within the 24-48 hour time-frame). For commercial realtors and luxury properties, there are companies who send patrols to the property every few days to check for squatters.

There was recently a case of a Brit who visited his holiday home and discovered 3 squatters from Morocco living there. He was beaten badly by the squatters when he entered his house and was taken to the hospital (Link to story). The squatters were eventually removed by the police since the story caused a lot of anger and media attention in Spain. To evict the squatters, the police had to charge them with drug trafficking and other crimes not related to the squatting (Link to story).

Monaco, Cyprus, Malta and Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Guernsey, UK non-dom (technically not EU but Gibraltar maybe semi-EU)
Andorra is another option.