Our valued sponsor

Is it realistic to obtain a crypto license for 8000 euros within 1.5 months?

Peter Cooper

Senior fintech lawyer
Jan 30, 2023
London
www.fintecharbor.com
How is it possible to obtain a crypto license so quickly?

A crypto license entitles the company to carry out operations with cryptocurrencies, such as the exchange between virtual currencies and fiat money, brokering in exchange, keeping accounts related to crypto assets, etc.
Not all countries have yet developed an adequate licensing mechanism for activities related to crypto finance.
Due to this, many companies and startups operating in the crypto industry face a difficult choice in selecting a crypto-friendly jurisdiction. In addition, obtaining a crypto license is often associated with significant financial and time investments.
Taking these factors into account, obtaining a Polish crypto license is one of the optimal solutions. The cost of obtaining it is 8000 euros, and the timeframe is from 1 to 1.5 months.

Advantages of the Polish jurisdiction also include:
  • Low requirements for the authorized capital of the company;
  • Virtually no restrictions on your citizenship, unlike in other countries;
  • Preferential tax rates for businesses based on virtual assets
  • No physical office requirements.
What difficulties can arise?

Even though at the moment Poland provides a fairly transparent legal basis for obtaining crypto-authorization, it can be quite problematic without legal support.
To get a Poland crypto license, first of all, it is necessary to register (or buy) a company in Poland, which will have the corresponding business activity identifiers. Our company offers the service of registering a legal entity in the form of an LLC in Poland because this form is the most flexible both in terms of citizenship of company members and financially.
The next step is to open a bank account. To open a bank account, you will need to go through the process of complying with international anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing policies. In addition, you will need to prepare standard documentation to show that your company is compliant with the “know your customer” policy.

To clarify the details, please contact us via our website, email с[email protected], or phone +447458149171 (Whatsapp). We will be happy to answer all your questions.

How is it possible to obtain a crypto license so quickly?

A crypto license entitles the company to carry out operations with cryptocurrencies, such as the exchange between virtual currencies and fiat money, brokering in exchange, keeping accounts related to crypto assets, etc.
Not all countries have yet developed an adequate licensing mechanism for activities related to crypto finance.
Due to this, many companies and startups operating in the crypto industry face a difficult choice in selecting a crypto-friendly jurisdiction. In addition, obtaining a crypto license is often associated with significant financial and time investments.
Taking these factors into account, obtaining a Polish crypto license is one of the optimal solutions. The cost of obtaining it is 8000 euros, and the timeframe is from 1 to 1.5 months.

Advantages of the Polish jurisdiction also include:
  • Low requirements for the authorized capital of the company;
  • Virtually no restrictions on your citizenship, unlike in other countries;
  • Preferential tax rates for businesses based on virtual assets
  • No physical office requirements.
What difficulties can arise?

Even though at the moment Poland provides a fairly transparent legal basis for obtaining crypto-authorization, it can be quite problematic without legal support.
To get a Poland crypto license, first of all, it is necessary to register (or buy) a company in Poland, which will have the corresponding business activity identifiers. Our company offers the service of registering a legal entity in the form of an LLC in Poland because this form is the most flexible both in terms of citizenship of company members and financially.
The next step is to open a bank account. To open a bank account, you will need to go through the process of complying with international anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing policies. In addition, you will need to prepare standard documentation to show that your company is compliant with the “know your customer” policy.

To clarify the details, please contact us via our website, email с[email protected], or phone +447458149171 (Whatsapp). We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Is the document you are talking about some kind of a licence or it is just a registration (cf. here Operational account for Polish Crypto exchange). (As a lawyer you surely distinguish the difference ;) )

You are right, this article talks about VASP in Poland, but the crypto license is more understandable for people who have not encountered it before.
OK, thanks for the clarification.
(And you are right that the term „licence” is frequently /mis/used for Polish VASP registration. As I'm not directly in crypto, I do not follow the situation carefully, so I was not sure whether some new measures had been adopted or not...)
So is the question really answered?
I think it is – Polish VASP registration according to Decrees of The Ministry of Finance from October 2021 is just a registration; and perhaps not an extremely difficult one. For the description see e.g. here https://www.maxcorp.eu/eng/crypto/crypto-license-poland/ or here Frequently Asked Questions About Obtaining a Crypto License in Poland, evt. here Rejestr działalności w zakresie walut wirtualnych - Izba Administracji Skarbowej w Katowicach (Polish only).
(Of course, I guess that probably a lot of people make some good money helping foreigners to go through the process, so in many cases, published information is more like a marketing one /I do not have in mind @Peter Cooper 's post/.)

Last edited:
OK, thanks for the clarification.
(And you are right that the term „licence” is frequently /mis/used for Polish VASP registration. As I'm not directly in crypto, I do not follow the situation carefully, so I was not sure whether some new measures had been adopted or not...)

I think it is – Polish VASP registration according to Decrees of The Ministry of Finance from October 2021 is just a registration; and perhaps not an extremely difficult one. For the description see e.g. here https://www.maxcorp.eu/eng/crypto/crypto-license-poland/ or here Frequently Asked Questions About Obtaining a Crypto License in Poland, evt. here Rejestr działalności w zakresie walut wirtualnych - Izba Administracji Skarbowej w Katowicach (Polish only).
(Of course, I guess that probably a lot of people make some good money helping foreigners to go through the process, so in many cases, published information is more like a marketing one /I do not have in mind @Peter Cooper 's post/.)
It may seem so, but I really share my experience in this area for the general study of users of this forum. In addition, I am always happy to help in legal assistance. ;)