Our valued sponsor

Italian Friend living in Ecuador - Needing a reliable offshore personal bank

Yes and no :)

12K is a regular live in Ecuador, with 24K, you can have a good mid-class life.

You just need to take advantage of deductions, so you just pay around 300 USD each year thu&¤#
I get it, but its a lot more money than just 24K per year ... and she's not a fan of her Italian bank ... so gotta research more options ... first is to understand if the brokers she likes will work with offshore banks ... or if it will have to be all crypto transfers

Be aware that crypto is still illegal in Ecuador
The use of cryptocurrencies in Ecuador, as a means of payment, is prohibited . The only currency allowed for the purchase and sale of goods and services is the dollar. So why do Ecuadorians acquire cryptocurrencies? To have them as a form of investment because there is no legal norm that prohibits it.
Ecuatorianos, los que más compran criptomonedas en la región

After further research into this. If she trades personally, she'll be responsible for 10% Capital Gains Tax.
If she trades through an offshore company, she will not be subject to taxation as long as the company is the legal entity and her name does not show up as the owner.
So the question will be, based on where she can create an offshore company with 0% taxation and a decent corporate bank, will the money she makes off of investments that is taxable in Ecuador be more than the company formation and maintenance of an offshore company.
In this case, I think it might be that a company formation is worthwhile.

So, a few things:
1. Her Forex Broker only works with certain countries, so countries like Seychelles, BVI, etc will not be on the list.
2. The easiest way to move money around is with Crypto, so a crypto-friendly country/bank would be preferred.
3. If she is doing extremely well, she may want to open up investment services to friends/family or more.

Based on this ... I'm going to look into the Cayman Islands ... first as an Offshore Corporation for Personal Trading and then as an Offshore Corportation for a Segregated Sub-Fund.

If anyone has alternative ideas, they are more than welcome to share.

Well, I of course do not know what you have found in the meantime (I'm a little bit late to the party as sometimes...) but just a few remarks:

1) I have no clue who is the quoted Forex Broker, however if they do not like countries like Seychelles and BVI, I doubt they will like Cayman Islands.
2) To get “a decent corporate bank” for a newly established company at Cayman Islands is next to impossible. Nowadays.
3) I agree that a company formation is generally worthwhile (in a reasonable jurisdiction).
4) If she eventually wants “to open up investment services to friends/family”, it's highly recommendable not to mention it anywhere (including here perhaps with the exception of Mentor Group). (I presume she has no intention to do it formally, i.e. to get an appropriate licence/s/, establish KYC/AML/XXX teams, etc. etc.) It means, that the words “or more” should be totally forgotten ;)

Well, I of course do not know what you have found in the meantime (I'm a little bit late to the party as sometimes...) but just a few remarks:

1) I have no clue who is the quoted Forex Broker, however if they do not like countries like Seychelles and BVI, I doubt they will like Cayman Islands.
2) To get “a decent corporate bank” for a newly established company at Cayman Islands is next to impossible. Nowadays.
3) I agree that a company formation is generally worthwhile (in a reasonable jurisdiction).
4) If she eventually wants “to open up investment services to friends/family”, it's highly recommendable not to mention it anywhere (including here perhaps with the exception of Mentor Group). (I presume she has no intention to do it formally, i.e. to get an appropriate licence/s/, establish KYC/AML/XXX teams, etc. etc.) It means, that the words “or more” should be totally forgotten ;)
Thanks for the response, based on some professional feedback, I'm looking into Anguilla (No License Needed) and Flow Bank (No License Needed) for her. Anguilla qualifies for Flow Bank and they are working on a Debit Card program in Q3/Q4. But I've been pivoting almost every other day lol as I learn new information.

Thanks for the response,
You are welcome.
based on some professional feedback, I'm looking into Anguilla (No License Needed) and Flow Bank (No License Needed) for her. Anguilla qualifies for Flow Bank
Do you have in mind FlowBank in Switzerland (https://www.flowbank.com)? (Honestly, I am hearing for the first time that they are open to onboard Anguillan company... but maybe everything is possible nowadays ;) )

You are welcome.

Do you have in mind FlowBank in Switzerland (https://www.flowbank.com)? (Honestly, I am hearing for the first time that they are open to onboard Anguillan company... but maybe everything is possible nowadays ;) )
Yes, I contacted them and they are open to Anguillan Businesses ... he sent me a PDF of countries they accept. However, he did say that they might have problems working with Crypto Exchanges who want to exchange fiat. That's not really a problem as long as they accept the Forex Broker (HFM). (Additionally, they'll work with Panama it looks like).

Reactions: Forester
Yes, I contacted them and they are open to Anguillan Businesses ...
Well, really interesting. Thanks for sharing.
he sent me a PDF of countries they accept.
On condition that it was not marked as confidential, would you mind sharing it here?
However, he did say that they might have problems working with Crypto Exchanges who want to exchange fiat. That's not really a problem as long as they accept the Forex Broker (HFM). (Additionally, they'll work with Panama it looks like).
Yes, understandable...

Well, really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

On condition that it was not marked as confidential, would you mind sharing it here?

Yes, understandable...

Here you go!

I'm doing this in reverse order, trying to find a reputable bank first, then creating the corporation .. its been interesting to say the least!

Attachments

• Country Matrix.pdf
    150.9 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Forester
Here you go!
Extremely interesting. Thanks a lot, really appreciated. (Recommended reading for anyone willing to understand better what's behind the bank's door.)
I'm doing this in reverse order, trying to find a reputable bank first, then creating the corporation ..
:) This is my recipe for many situations, too...

Reactions: OCT2023
I get it, but its a lot more money than just 24K per year ... and she's not a fan of her Italian bank ... so gotta research more options ... first is to understand if the brokers she likes will work with offshore banks ... or if it will have to be all crypto transfers
Why not open a Revolut or Wise account, banking secrecy is over anyway.

that is the plan as a second account, prefer a Bank as Primary and an EMI as secondary

I received word from Flag Theory (an offshore company creation firm) the following for Forex Trading:

Please note that if the company trades with capital injected by the beneficial owner, and the company does not -

• provide broker-dealer services;
  • provide portfolio management services to clients;
  • provide investment management services to funds; or
  • operate as a collective investment scheme raising capital from investors in exchange of equity interests;
the company will not be regulated and will not require a license in any offshore jurisdiction.

additionally, for banking:

Caribbean / Central American Banks

BVI (CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank, VP Bank, Bank of Asia) - minimum deposit of USD 25,000 in CIBC, USD 25,000 in BOA, and USD 100,000 in VP Bank

Cayman Islands (CIBC FCIB, Royal Bank of Canada RBC, Cayman National, Butterfield, NCB) - minimum deposit USD 25,0000 (CIBC), USD 100,000 in Cayman National and NCB, USD 250,000 in Butterfield and USD 500,000 in RBC

Bahamas (CIBC FCIB, Deltec, Equity Bank, Capital Union Bank, EFG, Citibank) - minimum deposit USD 100,000 (CIBC), USD 500,000 (Equity Bank), USD 1,000,000 (Deltec, Capital Union, EFG), USD 10,000,000 (Citibank)

Panama (Credicorp, Capital Bank, MMG) - minimum deposit USD 50,000 (Credicorp), USD 20,000 (Capital Bank), USD 10,000 (MMG)

Saint Lucia (Proven) - minimum deposit of USD 5,000

Nevis (Hamilton Reserve Bank, Bank of Nevis International, International Merchant Bank) - minimum deposit from USD 10,000 (BONI), USD 25,000 (IMB), USD 100,000 (Hamilton)

Curacao (TotalBank, CIBC FCIB, Exprinter) - minimum deposit of USD 25,000 (TotalBank), USD 7,500 (CIBC), 50,000 (Exprinter)

Belize (Belize Bank International, Heritage Bank, Caye Bank) - minimum deposit of USD 1,000 (Caye), USD 4,000 (Belize Bank Int), USD 3,000 (Heritage)

Antigua (North International Bank, Global Bank of Commerce, DBank) - minimum deposit of USD 2,500 (NIB), USD 25,000 (GBC), USD 10,000 (DBank)

Dominica (Banfers, EQI Bank) - minimum deposit of USD 25,000 (Banfers), USD 15,000 (EQI)

US Banks

USA (Bridge Bank, East West Bank, Western Alliance Bank, Axos Bank) - minimum deposit of USD 5,000 (Bridge, East West), USD 100,000 (Axos), USD 250,000 (Western Alliance)

Puerto Rico (CB International, Arival Bank, FV Bank, GK Bank, Strategic Bank) - no minimum deposit with the exception of Strategic (USD 100,000)

Asia-Pacific / African Banks

Singapore (DBS, RHB, OCBC, Bank of China, HSBC, UOB, Credit Suisse) - minimum deposit USD/SGD 30,000 (RHB/OCBC/HSBC), SGD 100,000 (Bank of China), SGD 250,000 (DBS, UOB), SGD 3,000,000 (Credit Suisse) - Nexus in the form of client/supplier/employees/partner/contractor in Singapore required.

Hong Kong (DBS Bank) - minimum deposit of HKD 200,000 - Nexus in the form of client/supplier/employees/partner/contractor in Hong Kong required.

Mauritius (Investec, Bank One, ABSA Bank) - minimum deposit USD 50,000 (Bank One), USD 50,000 (Investec), USD 500,000 (ABSA)

Labuan (Malaysia) (MayBank, Bank Islam, Citibank) - minimum deposit of USD 25,000 in MayBank, USD 10,000 in Bank Islam, and USD 500,000 in Citibank

Seychelles (Al Salam) - minimum deposit of USD 25,000

Vanuatu (Pacific Private Bank) - minimum deposit of USD 1,500

Cook Islands (Capital Security Bank) - minimum deposit of USD 250,000

European Banks

Switzerland (UBS, Maerki Baumann & Co, Sygnum Bank, MBaer Bank, Vontobel, Julius Bar, Lombard Odier) - minimum deposit of CHF 3,000,000. Vontobel, Julius Baer and Lombard Odier are only available for investment holding companies. Sygnum Bank and Maerki Baumann are only available for companies related to virtual assets.

Liechtenstein (Bendura Bank) - minimum deposit of CHF 500,000. Only investment holding companies.

Andorra (Morabanc) - minimum deposit of EUR 500,000

Luxembourg (East West United Bank, Banque Internationale Luxembourg) - no minimum deposit but EWUB expects at least 30 transactions per month, EUR 1,000,000 (BIL). For BIL, only investment holding companies.

Isle of Man (Capital International Bank) - no minimum deposit

Gibraltar (Turicum Bank, Moneycorp Bank) - no minimum deposit (Moneycorp), EUR 250,000 (Turicum)

We also work with the following European EMIs (UK, Lithuania) which provide accounts with SEPA/SWIFT capability. There is no minimum deposit required.

Bilderlings (UK)

Payset (UK)

Interpolitan (UK)

Montify (UK)

Vialet (LT)

Verifo (LT)

Payswix (LT)

Bankera (LT)

Gurupay (LT)

Valyuz (LT)

We also work with the following non-EU EMIs -

Currenxie (Hong Kong)

All the above bank accounts and EMI accounts can be opened remotely, without needing to travel

Reactions: ilke

that is the plan as a second account, prefer a Bank as Primary and an EMI as secondary
Yes, banking secrecy is over, unfortunately. However, I would not touch Revolut/Wise for such a business even with a 10 meter pole. For more detailed reasoning, look e.g. here If Wise is going to close accounts and is not the best, how diversify the money? (I think that my general attitude to Revolut/Wise is quite known here).

I received word from Flag Theory (an offshore company creation firm) the following for Forex Trading:

additionally, for banking:
Thanks for sharing. As I see, the guys from Flag Theory are quite smart (I am looking mainly at the banking list, the first part is well-known). Probably I will check them in more detail :)

Reactions: OCT2023