Our valued sponsor

Living in USA

Pro Member
May 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi, on the forum many people advise to get out of western europe because of high taxes, crazy UE laws, lack of freedom

Do you think that it is any better in the US? I'm currently staying here for holiday/business trip and I really enjoy it honestly.

I didn't dive deep into the tax system here but it doesn't seem to be that bad (of course need to avoid crazy states like California)
------------------------------------
Short-term capital gains are taxed according to the relevant federal tax rate. Long-term capital gains are subject to 0%, 15% or 20%, depending on your taxable income. According to the IRS, most people pay no more than 15% on their long-term capital gains
Where would you move in for low taxes, freedom and ease of doing business? Florida, Texas? I'm young so no need to worry about health care for the time being

Is it difficult to obtain residency in the US as an entrepreneur? I read that you need to create a business where you would employ 10 US people in order to apply for a business visa... not easy, they are not looking for more immigrants and are very selective it seems like.

It is very difficult to obtain residency if you do not want to spend at least 1 million. Texas is great but please visit before you move there. The food is nice when you're on a bender but after three weeks your IQ has dropped by 15 points and the scale has risen by 30. It's hot, healthy food is expensive, you encounter a ton of nut-jobs or people who've never even been outside the state, but you can own a very large piece of land where you can do stuff that's not allowed anywhere else in the world like owning a tiger and having an armoury with military-grade weapons.

Hi, on the forum many people advise to get out of western europe because of high taxes, crazy UE laws, lack of freedom

Do you think that it is any better in the US? I'm currently staying here for holiday/business trip and I really enjoy it honestly.

I didn't dive deep into the tax system here but it doesn't seem to be that bad (of course need to avoid crazy states like California)
Short-term capital gains are taxed according to the relevant federal tax rate. Long-term capital gains are subject to 0%, 15% or 20%, depending on your taxable income. According to the IRS, most people pay no more than 15% on their long-term capital gains
Where would you move in for low taxes, freedom and ease of doing business? Florida, Texas? I'm young so no need to worry about health care for the time being

Is it difficult to obtain residency in the US as an entrepreneur? I read that you need to create a business where you would employ 10 US people in order to apply for a business visa... not easy, they are not looking for more immigrants and are very selective it seems like.
If you like the heat, beach and especially if you can speak Spanish, consider act 60 in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands. You can get 0 income tax and 2-4% corporate tax. Capital gains tax is also 0%.

I am not sure what it would take to get it with your nationality, but I have PR residence as an Italian citizen.

Reactions: jafo

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Cavaliere and jafo
But the tax rates are more reasonable than in western europe right ?
Definitely! If you are young and willing to put in 16-hour days to build huge wealth, the US is the place to be.
I think US is better than western europe
Depends!
If you can afford to live in e.g. Telluride, Colorado, it is.
If you want to live in Miami, FL. close to Liberty City, Opa-locka, Allapattah, Little Haiti, Little Havana, or Overtown, the answer is a resounding *NO*.
Even on Fisher Island, most of the neighbors (younger ones, specifically the spoiled offspring brats) are absolutely low-class uneducated people with behavioral customs that do not harmonize with Western European values.