Our valued sponsor

LLC beneficial ownership anonymity to reduce starting January 1, 2024

vanishtech

Mar 25, 2023
Barcelona
Visit site
The US says that newly created LLCs will stop being anonymous by 2024 and those already created until 2025. What do you think of this? Do I have to go to Belize again?

The changes in the US will still keep most LLCs anonymous in that there is no public disclosure. Access to BO information will be limited. There is a provision in there for sharing data with foreign authorities, but the US has had similar obligations under FATCA which it has broadly ignored.

So there is a reduction in privacy, but it's not as drastic as it may seem.

The changes in the US will still keep most LLCs anonymous in that there is no public disclosure. Access to BO information will be limited. There is a provision in there for sharing data with foreign authorities, but the US has had similar obligations under FATCA which it has broadly ignored.

Interesting!!!! Could you share the source of this information in more detail.
Thank you.

Is foreign BO reporting meant through US financial institutions and then IRS (like with CRS) or directly through IRS (info from Form 5472)?

I can only find this below in the article. It doesn't say how if should be filed.
  • As of January 1, 2024 the Corporate Transparency Act requires newly-formed LLCs and corporations to disclose information about their beneficial owners to the federal Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) within 30 days, and
  • Corporations and LLCs that existed prior to January 1, 2024 must make that same disclosure by January 1, 2025.

You were right on the money!

As they informed me should be in the US only

That means i will be officially taxed as a US company
I would get a second or third opinion from other registered agents. ;)

PS. I register stuff myself in the US (only for me), so I'm not sure who is going to call or ask me to register with a US address but time will tell...I guess

I would get a second or third opinion from other registered agents. ;)

PS. I register stuff myself in the US (only for me), so I'm not sure who is going to call or ask me to register with a US address but time will tell...I guess

I saw some legal experts filling it on YouTube and they are saying the same

Thank god i formed all my companies before 2024

• Wow
Reactions: jafo

Latest Threads