Our valued sponsor

New icons for the account upgrades, please help with your input?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLocke

Administrator
Dec 29, 2008
Europe
Visit site
We have received the first draft of the icons! Unfortunately, we are not satisfied with the result ourselves.

So is there anyone who can come up with some input, examples or anything else that can help us in the right direction, please come forward.

We are giving away 3 months free Mentor Group Gold membership to the proposal we use.

Forum-Icon-Previews.jpg

The ones in the second line look like medals you would get in the navy, the first line would be the one to go for IMO.

Metallic bronze color for the thicker lines of the ribbon, white color for the thinner line. White outline for the medal with metallic bronze for the figure. Same for the other too, only difference would be the gold and silver color instead of metallic bronze.

I know you're trying to keep the blueish color because of the logo and forum theme but I personally don't see it as part of the whole thing, mostly because of the colors involved.

Reactions: JohnLocke
I agree with diatessaron. I don't like the medals. I prefer a badge, more neat and clean . I propose you a quick and approximate draft (colors to be added)

Attachments

• Picsart_23-06-30_23-01-46-175.jpg
    Picsart_23-06-30_23-01-46-175.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 22
I suggest a medal ribbon (like those you see on military uniforms): it’s less cartoonish, takes up less space and it’s more elegant.
One could also buy the metal medal (or lapel pin) version of same, and even have the physical version shipped. So the streets of Nassau shall soon be graced by a merry parade of medal-bedecked men, nodding at each other with delightful satisfaction. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: JohnLocke and Sdrak
I suggest a medal ribbon (like those you see on military uniforms): it’s less cartoonish, takes up less space and it’s more elegant.
One could also buy the metal medal (or lapel pin) version of same, and even have the physical version shipped. So the streets of Nassau shall soon be graced by a merry parade of medal-bedecked men, nodding at each other with delightful satisfaction. :cool:
Exporting P2 abroad. Italian pride :')

We have received the first draft of the icons! Unfortunately, we are not satisfied with the result ourselves.

So is there anyone who can come up with some input, examples or anything else that can help us in the right direction, please come forward.

We are giving away 3 months free Mentor Group Gold membership to the proposal we use.

View attachment 4945
@JohnLocke

the medals on the second row namely
MGGL
MPS
EM
says it all ..though the Elite member medal could do with a Bit of color highlights.. the medal icon in the middle
(the 8pointed star) could be in gold tone most likely a rose gold tone...
the current appearance comes out a bit bland and rudimentary...

So the streets of Nassau shall soon be graced by a merry parade of medal-bedecked men, nodding at each other with delightful satisfaction. :cool:
As long as they are recognized to be from Offshorecorptalk I'm fine with it :p

I agree with diatessaron. I don't like the medals. I prefer a badge, more neat and clean . I propose you a quick and approximate draft (colors to be added)
It's something, thanks... but still what he suggest below would make good sense.

We have found the right icons and closing this thread.

Stay tuned and watch your profile for the amazing work our designer put into it.

Reactions: VESTANON
Status
Not open for further replies.