Our valued sponsor

Offshore structure, bank and agent

msantoso

Mar 18, 2021
Indonesia
Visit site
Hi,
Obviously this is not a new topic: what is the right offshore structure for an individual investor? (i live in a country in SE Asia, where income from abroad under personal name is not tax free.).
Currently I have invested globally via online IB. I am currently exploring whether an offshore structure can streamline my investment activities.
Which jurisdiction do you recommend, and is there an agent that you recommend?
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: asusanti
Difficult to say without knowing which country you are resident in and why you want to go offshore. "Streamline" does not really tell me much about what you are trying yo achieve :confused:.

Hi, same problem here.
I am investor living in Indonesia and invest globally via online broker.
Income from abroad is not tax free in my country.
Is there a company structure that can be created to save/eliminate this tax?
I'm looking for an offshore agent to help me make this happen.
Is there a recommendation for an agent that you suggest?
Does anyone have experience dealing with:

?

Reactions: msantoso
Is there a company structure that can be created to save/eliminate this tax?

Not really. Indonesia has CFC rules, exit tax, anti avoidance rules and economic substance requirements etc. If you decide to go the route of an offshore structure do do everything at arms length it won't be cheap and will still fall flat as CRS reports the UBO for any bank account tied to an offshore structure. Using banking in a non-CRS country wouldn't be wise also as you would be storing up problems for the near future. You may want to simply pay the taxes or move country but in any case speak to a local tax advisor first.

Not really. Indonesia has CFC rules, exit tax, anti avoidance rules and economic substance requirements etc. If you decide to go the route of an offshore structure do do everything at arms length it won't be cheap and will still fall flat as CRS reports the UBO for any bank account tied to an offshore structure. Using banking in a non-CRS country wouldn't be wise also as you would be storing up problems for the near future. You may want to simply pay the taxes or move country but in any case speak to a local tax advisor first.
Thank you.