Our valued sponsor

Open a bank account in Europe as non resident

In Portugal it's quite easy to open a bank account as a non-resident. Grab a local tax ID number walk into a bank and you should have a card in a few weeks.

Poland also opens account for non-residents, although I'm not sure if they will for LATAM residents.

Romania ING... (do in bucharest) ro + eur
I will check it out ty!

Good point. It does not depend on whether you are in Europe or not, in fact. So you can try Dukascopy, too – for balances under 50k it's OK.
I know Dukascopy works and already have an account but It’s limited I don’t think I can move 10k a month to there

yeah... dont do this lol

I lived in Spain for years, this is turbo cringe for them lol

It might work in LATAM but Spaniards are not hispanic.
rof/% I've had those accounts for +30 years. Since the time of the Pesetas. I'm "technically" from Northern Europe and this has worked wonders for me, regardless of culture. People are people. I personalize it for each person. The OP is from LATAM, so the Spaniards would understand his amicability. But again, YMMV.

Reactions: Forester
Is Paraguay on some sort of undesirable "list"??? :rolleyes:
TBMK, it is not. It's a non-AEOI/CRS country so some institution might take it as suspicious but I think it will be rare; PY it's not so popular.
EMIs and neobanks are only available to the residents of certain countries.
Exactly, it is so quite often. Especially European EMIs and neobanks tend to have not a “prohibited countries list” (as any brick-and-mortar bank has, too) but a “permitted countries list”, very often containing EEA or EU or even Eurozone countries only... (the last one was the case of N26 for a long time, no clue how it is currently; Bunq had similar restriction).

Poland also opens account for non-residents,
YMMV; but AFAIK it is not so easy. It can vary also from one bank to another one but some ties to Poland are usually demanded.
although I'm not sure if they will for LATAM residents.
I guess that LatAm itself is not so a big problem. (US passport is remarkably worse, BTW.) But see above.
I know Dukascopy works and already have an account but It’s limited I don’t think I can move 10k a month to there
True, the Dukascopy limitation can be the barrier if you do not have the limit sufficiently high; raising the limit is not easy-breezy. But I guess that if you do not accumulate the cash there, 10k should not be a problem (more precisely – 10k used to be an entry limit; but I admit that this info concerned Europeans).

Reactions: jafo