Our valued sponsor

Places to live for Dutch entrepreneur

Cavaliere

Member Plus
Sep 1, 2023
Malta
Visit site
If you are eventually able to sell your company you can pay almost zero taxes by some trickery, so that's always the best way in NL. It's a nice country but mismanaged as of late. I expect tax rates to only go up there, esp. for sub-150K type businesses but who knows, Europe is full of surprises and still superior to any other continent, if Trump goes isolation mode I suspect it will actually be good for Europe.

Everything is gridlocked, it's actually quite similar to the US. If you can stomach it there is the option of Andorra which is in the same time-zone and quite close by and it offers major tax savings.

If you like the US you can also look into Puerto Rico for tax savings. If you like a lot of space for little, Cyprus is a very viable option with good connections to London and thus NL and has a pretty wide selection in nationalities living there. Malta is also nice if you don't mind living on an overcrowded rock.

If you like the US you can also look into Puerto Rico for tax savings. If you like a lot of space for little, Cyprus is a very viable option with good connections to London and thus NL and has a pretty wide selection in nationalities living there. Malta is also nice if you don't mind living on an overcrowded rock.
Some real useful suggestions mate, have you lived at such places in your life ?

Some real useful suggestions mate, have you lived at such places in your life ?
Yes, I've lived in NL. For NL the company selling strategy is from very recent advice from this year so it's still up-to-date.

How do you mean "lot of space for little" ?
Please explain.
Compared to Puerto Rico, Malta, Andorra and The Netherlands property is quite cheap in Cyprus from what I've seen. Especially since the Russians left.

Within the Kingdom of the Netherlands you have Curacao which can offer very low rates as well with a little bit of planning, Bonaire offers even lower rates. Those two places can especially be interesting if you are Dutch and like the Caribbean way of life. Plus you have a lot of the Dutch amenities and services available. However just like with Malta you will go insane if you stay there year round.

But yes Cyprus might indeed be the best option, at least on paper it is, there is a tax treaty and no exit tax since it's EU. Don't really agree on the "cheap property" you mentioned, it's actually quite the opposite, it's overpriced as f**k. Many of the properties, besides in Limassol maybe don't even have proper internet infrastructure.