Our valued sponsor

Recent experience opening a US LLC bank account as non-resident?

saintjohnny

Member Plus
Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to travel to Miami soon and am considering opening a bank account for my US LLC in one of the big banks. I know this was indeed possible before but rules change all the time. Has anyone had a recent experience opening an account any of the big banks, such as:
  1. Bank of America
  2. Chase
  3. Wells Fargo
  4. Citi
Which documents did they ask for? Did you contact the branch before hand? Which bank would you recommend?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Reactions: EliasIT and 12345
  • Documents required: The documents required to open a bank account for a US LLC will vary from bank to bank. However, some of the most common documents that you will need to provide include:
    • Your LLC's Articles of Organization or Certificate of Formation.
    • Your LLC's EIN (Employer Identification Number).
    • Your LLC's Operating Agreement.
    • A copy of your passport or other government-issued ID.
    • A proof of address, such as a utility bill or bank statement.
    • A letter from your registered agent stating that they are authorized to accept service of process on behalf of your LLC.
  • Most require your physical presence......But If you have HSBC account in any country , they may open account for you in USA without physical presence...Not 100% sure

I opened in PNC Bank some years ago. Should be possible but you might need to rent some cheap office and get a lease agreement since they need an address and they might not accept cheapest virtual office

I opened in PNC Bank some years ago. Should be possible but you might need to rent some cheap office and get a lease agreement since they need an address and they might not accept cheapest virtual office
I believe that would create a permanent establishment in the US. I do have a BofA account with a US address... A bank statement would serve as proof of address?

I do have a BofA account with a US address... A bank statement would serve as proof of address?
TBMK, it will – and it is a good proof of address (as it is from another bank, even a big one).
BTW (I understand that you have a personal account with BoA) – if I were you, I would try BoA as the first (on condition that you are satisfied with them until now); having already a personal account with a bank is a good entry point to having also a business one, in general.

Finally a solution to get a US bank account for those willing to travel to the US!