Our valued sponsor

Receving dividends from Romania while being Bulgarian tax resident

theotheo

Aug 3, 2023
Romania
Visit site
Hello
Government has announced some reform that put Romania out of tax wise countries for freelancer starting in 2024

I will relocate to Bulgaria in order to lose Romania tax residency for Bulgarian one in 2024 but I will somehow have some spare turnover to recover from Romania (WTH = 8%)

Any one has recommandation / know how does taxation work especially from recovering dividends from Romania entity into myself as individual ?
Surplus taxation from Bulgaria ?

Hello
Government has announced some reform that put Romania out of tax wise countries for freelancer starting in 2024

I will relocate to Bulgaria in order to lose Romania tax residency for Bulgarian one in 2024 but I will somehow have some spare turnover to recover from Romania (WTH = 8%)

Any one has recommandation / know how does taxation work especially from recovering dividends from Romania entity into myself as individual ?
Surplus taxation from Bulgaria ?
You should pay 8%; the max rate based on the treaty is 10%, so they should apply the lower domestic rate.
If you set up a holding entity making your Romanian entity a subsidiary, you could reduce this WHT to 0%, e.g., in Estonia, which also has a favourable treaty with Bulgaria where the dividend tax is 0%

Latest Threads