Our valued sponsor

Romania - Fiscal changes coming soon - Need Plan B

Latest news just in.
Appears the limit on 30% profitability is not off the table, and a Micro Corporate with a profit margin of >30% will have to pay 16% Corporate Tax rate.

Reactions: Don
Right now, it seems they changed their mind and leave the 16%CIT
The total cost would be 3% Turnover then Social contributions for keeping 1 employee to remain micro (3600EUR annualy) then 8% Dividend tax, then Social contributions for Dividend over 24 Minimum salary (1900 EUR)

Romania lost 1st place and fall behind Poland, Bulgaria, Cyprus for income over 100K but still could be attractive (Latin alphabet, not cold like Poland, people friendly)

Reactions: Dexur
Hello all

Romanian government is currently trying to enforce a fiscal reform that will remove Romania as good destination for freelancers and they want it operating in September 2023
For a microcompany (LLC)
The Dividend Tax 8% goes to 10%
The threshold for 1%CIT tax will be limited to 60K EUR, anything above will be taxed as 3% (with limit of 500k eur for staying a micro)
If your profit is over 30%, you ll be taxed 16%

In total, the tax burden goes to 9% into 29% nearly (without social contributions counted)

I am currently living and will be tax resident of Romania and I am looking for your advice for a solution to stop the bleeding
- I can leave to another country or I can stay
- I need to stay in EU
- I can delay payments from my client

Thank you
move all over into a UK LTD which you don't own officialy and you will be good. or use an invoice model for future.

Hello all

Romanian government is currently trying to enforce a fiscal reform that will remove Romania as good destination for freelancers and they want it operating in September 2023
For a microcompany (LLC)
The Dividend Tax 8% goes to 10%
The threshold for 1%CIT tax will be limited to 60K EUR, anything above will be taxed as 3% (with limit of 500k eur for staying a micro)
If your profit is over 30%, you ll be taxed 16%

In total, the tax burden goes to 9% into 29% nearly (without social contributions counted)

I am currently living and will be tax resident of Romania and I am looking for your advice for a solution to stop the bleeding
- I can leave to another country or I can stay
- I need to stay in EU
- I can delay payments from my client

Thank you
So did they enforce it? Is Romania still a good solution for freelancers and IT business tax optimization? Or not anymore?

Latest Threads