Our valued sponsor

SFM Offshore - scammers

Susie Q

Oct 11, 2023
Singapore
Visit site
We sent these guys thousands of dollars, along with ID etc (passport, proof of address etc etc). They rejected the passport saying it needed to have a feature that our (first world, wealthy country) passports don't (what do we do? tell the government to change its passports for SFM's benefit?), so we offered a pile of other documents for verification, which they also refused - instead insisting that the passport needed a feature it didn't have. It turns out this is a common excuse they have used on others as well. The net result was they refused to provide the service, despite being offered a mountain of documentation, so we asked for refund - they refused. In short they provided no service and no refund. The very defintion of fraud. A quick looks through major review sites says it all really. They are trying to have our trust pilot review taken down bceause it happened more than a year ago. They can't deny it happened, we have all the emails, they just argue because it didn't happen in the last year it somehow doesnt matter. In the SFM scammer world if you stole from someone 2+ years ago, it isn't a crime. Absurdity.

I can already see the trouble coming! They have asked to get a thread removed before because they claimed that everything posted there was wrong.

So, please start sending your contact details here:

Once we have it, you need to provide some evidence which we will provide to the auth. once they will respond to us. If you fail to provide such evidence or don't have it, we will have to remove the thread.

We sent these guys thousands of dollars, along with ID etc (passport, proof of address etc etc). They rejected the passport saying it needed to have a feature that our (first world, wealthy country) passports don't (what do we do? tell the government to change its passports for SFM's benefit?), so we offered a pile of other documents for verification, which they also refused - instead insisting that the passport needed a feature it didn't have. It turns out this is a common excuse they have used on others as well. The net result was they refused to provide the service, despite being offered a mountain of documentation, so we asked for refund - they refused. In short they provided no service and no refund. The very defintion of fraud. A quick looks through major review sites says it all really. They are trying to have our trust pilot review taken down bceause it happened more than a year ago. They can't deny it happened, we have all the emails, they just argue because it didn't happen in the last year it somehow doesnt matter. In the SFM scammer world if you stole from someone 2+ years ago, it isn't a crime. Absurdity.
Name & shame! Post on Twitter, FB, Reddit, IG, Weibo etc. Post on the Twitter of DOJ/FBI.
Legally, we are required to disclose frauds...before some creative prosecutor ensnares us with a "conspiracy" charge. Especially if they charged in US dollars. Of course, YMMV!

EDIT: SFM Offshore is rated "Poor" with 2.1 / 5 on Trustpilot

Holy sh1t! These people are *******!!!!! The amount of bad reviews is mind-boggling. How did you NOT see this coming?

Last edited:
How did you pay?
Bank transfer - they refused to accept any payment method that could be reversed (eg. credit card). In hindsight an obvious red flag

Name & shame! Post on Twitter, FB, Reddit, IG, Weibo etc. Post on the Twitter of DOJ/FBI.
Legally, we are required to disclose frauds...before some creative prosecutor ensnares us with a "conspiracy" charge. Especially if they charged in US dollars. Of course, YMMV!

EDIT: SFM Offshore is rated "Poor" with 2.1 / 5 on Trustpilot

Holy sh1t! These people are *******!!!!! The amount of bad reviews is mind-boggling. How did you NOT see this coming?
It was before all these reviews were posted, there are now so many bad reviews their "denial team" can't keep up!

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
Bank transfer - they refused to accept any payment method that could be reversed (eg. credit card). In hindsight an obvious red flag
Contact the compliance dept./legal dept. of their bank and the prosecutor's office in the jurisdictions they are located. This is money laundering. Many uninitiated people, I even met criminal lawyers, who think it is concealment (I've been to trial and all the way to the Supreme Court in a criminal case where I was the target), but it is money obtained by illicit means. This is a textbook case. Report them.

PS. I really hate scammers/thieves. That's how I got into a criminal case by going after them. Unbeknownst to me, they were "rogue" feds rof/%

Last edited:
Could be worse, years ago I opened a BVI for holding IP through a Offshore *UK* based agent (Company Formation Agent | Offshore & UK Companies)

1. Wise wouldn't even transact to their UK account (should have been a warning signal).
  2. After they registered they wanted me to litterally send them a digital print of my passport even though they had a signed (lawyer) stating it was my passport in colour HD image - to the UK so they could retain in their office (why?).
  3. The following year I wanted to move the company to another Agent (Dubai) the trouble i had doing that was shocking, they wouldn't play ball, in the end I had to forcefully threaten them with litigation and funding it to any amount due to the annoyance for them to release the BVI company to the new agent.

Pre that - my Lawyers had started the process with another company (international) which had cost something like 15,000$, towards the end the country said due to regulatory conditions (different business) they couldn't offer a company in the specific field till laws had been changed for the emergent tech.

The International company, failed to provide the company, spent months of our time and basically retained all the funds even for things like a bank account pre-purchased etc, can't remember the name, just the agent Mani, anyway the company (international) was hacked and all their clients data released, fortunately in hindsight we hadn't had a company formed and their emails were not hacked... so.... ok.

Moral of the story, it's all scammy... and in the middle you have a lot of people doing their own things (tax avoidance, tax evasion, money laundering, etc..) the space itself needs a good cleanse because legitimate companies either get fleeced or are bundled with illegitimate companies etc.

Last edited:
Congrats, you paid to get your ID stolen... on the other hand there is a person behind this operation and people can be located

Next time, please search this forum. Here is a thread regarding SFM: Sfm-offshore robbed me 3800euro

I really feel bad you had to experience this. Not all service providers are like this. I don't want to advertise on behalf of anyone, so please search the mentor group and DYOR. The 95 monthly charge has saved me thousands. Not to mention the headaches (and the felony charges...I don't have the mindset to let things go...I can't. It's the one thing I wish I could change about me. stupi#21

Best of luck!

Reactions: Radko
Hi, can you tell me what was the feature missing from the passport? I am professionally curious. Thanks!

Latest Threads