Our valued sponsor

Swissquote fees?

Yrybak08

Feb 16, 2024
Morocco
Visit site
I had to ask about this because I feel like I’m missing something. You can’t find the mention of “Swissquote” anywhere without at least 10 people talking about their crazy fees. I just went through their entire fee schedule including crypto and custody, stocks, ETFs; account maintenance and I don’t see anything crazy. Can someone please tell me what I’m missing?

No, there is nothing crazy for normal purposes.

I would consider them the market leader for brokerage accounts in Switzerland. They started over 20 years ago as newcomer and with way lower fees than what UBS charged you.

There are newer offers such as FlowBank. They do have lower fees, but their service is neither prime nor stable. They may rebrand, close, etc. anytime. Not that you lose the money, but it will cost you a lot of time to move all your assets.

Also, with any offering and especially if you are not Swiss, there are cheaper offers for any component they offer. For FX, Interactive Brokers is cheaper, for SEPA transfers, banks are cheaper, etc. But the general banking and brokering package is very attractive and has a large customer base in Switzerland.

Last edited:
You may search the forum and if you don't find something matching what you are looking for with the SEARCH then do another search using google like this:
Code:
Enter below into Google:
site:offshorecorptalk.com swissquote

You will find tons of threads which can help you immediately.

@JohnLocke he is actually one of the active users that check the forum first before posting. @Yrybak08 posted his question actually based on numerous posts about their high fees and then went to the website to check.

However, I am sometimes wondering, what is going on here. Many new users with less than 3 posts come with some question which leaves out all required information. Most of the times a Google search and visit to the relevant website would have answered all. While in all other cases, they suddenly become quiet once somebody asks them for more information.

Reactions: jafo and Yrybak08
@JohnLocke he is actually one of the active users that check the forum first before posting. @Yrybak08 posted his question actually based on numerous posts about their high fees and then went to the website to check.

However, I am sometimes wondering, what is going on here. Many new users with less than 3 posts come with some question which leaves out all required information. Most of the times a Google search and visit to the relevant website would have answered all. While in all other cases, they suddenly become quiet once somebody asks them for more information.
Thanks for that response.
I did download their fee schedule on pdf and read it thoroughly. In my opinion, their fees are extremely reasonable esp considering they offer crypto custody. I am however shocked at the negative talk about their fees everywhere I look. I just wanted to make sure there isn’t something in missing lol

Reactions: Forester and jafo