Our valued sponsor

UK LLP as a payment processor (UAE) ?

SasuT

Member Plus
Jun 5, 2023
France
Visit site
Hello,
I have a UAE company in free-zone. Stripe UAE works fine but.. fees are too high.

My idea is to form a UK LLP (or LTD) and receives Stripe EU (or Square) payments on Wise.

Then, I send directly the funds to my UAE company.

So the UK LLP/LTD makes no profit, as the funds go directly to the UAE company.

Is is something possible? If so, what should I do exactly? I guess it's not this easy to just send the funds from UK LLP to UAE company

Why ? Is it so there is no need to justify the money transfers between the two entities with an invoice ?
Transfer of funds from a subsidiary to a parent are not subject to the same kind of regulations as transfer of funds from an unrelated company to another.

If the UK company is totally independent from the UAE FZ, is this setup still possible (withdraw most funds from the uk ltd) ?
I'm sure it's possible if you're small enough and no one cares, but it doesn't scale.

Reactions: Nomado
Any reason why the UK tax office will not find it a bit weird that the funds are withdrawed without having paid 25% corporate tax on it ?

I have a uae freezone.
I'm thinking of setting up a uk ltd and use it as a merchant of records for my EU customers sales (digital product), and pay EU vat through it.
So it would mean that the digital product sold is own by the freezone and that the uk ltd is just ''a reseller'', in that way most of the sale income (minus the eu vat) is technically sent back to the freezone.
But I have concerns on how the uk tax office will react to this setup.

If the uae freezone is clearly stated as editor in the legal page of the website selling the digital products, do you think that's enough ?

Last edited:
Any reason why the UK tax office will not find it a bit weird that the funds are withdrawed without having paid 25% corporate tax on it ?
Companies don't pay tax on how much money flows through them. They pay tax on profits.

As long as you pay tax on the profit made by the UK company, you're good.

I have a uae freezone.
I'm thinking of setting up a uk ltd and use it as a merchant of records for my EU customers sales (digital product), and pay EU vat through it.
So it would mean that the digital product sold is own by the freezone and that the uk ltd is just ''a reseller'', in that way most of the sale income (minus the eu vat) is technically sent back to the freezone.
No, not a reseller.

A reseller's profit is (rather over simplified) the value of sales minus cost of goods.

A payment agent's profit is tied to the payment processing cost or small margin of the value of sales.

Reactions: Nomado