Our valued sponsor

usa/canada

john jackson

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
if a u.s. or canadian legal resident who are technically not citizens of those countries and have a different passport opened an offshore bank account without notifying those governments, how maybe eventually the u.s. or canadian governments would find out of such bank accounts assuming that they did? why is it that these first world countries require that even legal permanent residents disclose such accounts and maybe the amounts that might be in them but a third world country like EL SALVADOR might not have such strict/stringent finance laws in place? why is the first world much more strict than the third world? i only ask because i can only ASSUME that stolen money that has been hacked from online bank websites eventually winds up in offshore bank accounts, am i right in saying this or not? can a financial expert please tell me. rsvp. THANK YOU.

Reactions: Emirates and negon
US Citizens have to comply to FATCA so they are unable to hide anything from the US government as far as I'm informed. Canadian can until 2018 avoid to get reported as far as I read so if they get cought it's because they are doing stupid things with their offshore account.

US Citizens have to comply to FATCA so they are unable to hide anything from the US government as far as I'm informed. Canadian can until 2018 avoid to get reported as far as I read so if they get cought it's because they are doing stupid things with their offshore account.
if a u.s. legal resident who is not a u.s. citizen has several millions in offshore bank accounts and kept this a secret then how would the government find out about it then? could they wire money from offshore bank accounts to regular commercial banks in the u.s.? rsvp.

what about legal permanent resident of canada? why only until 2018? what if someone is going to become a permanent resident of canada but they dont have their canadian permanent resident card but have lots of money in offshore bank accounts? could they after getting their canadian permanent resident card wire money from offshore to commecial canadian banks or not and if so, how? rsvp. THANK YOU.

Reactions: Emirates and negon
In case of Malaysia or any Asian countries, the government doesn't care about the expats. They feel its out of their restrictions, what they do. For instance, Forex trading is banned for citizens in some third world countries. However those countries don't restrict expats from trading

will people living in el salvador have to declare offshore bank accounts? rsvp.
Personally I doubt they have the resource to follow any policy they may have on taxation of world wide income of their citizens and it may apply for many other countries similar El Salvador ;)

Personally I doubt they have the resource to follow any policy they may have on taxation of world wide income of their citizens and it may apply for many other countries similar El Salvador ;)
then if a u.s. or canadian legal resident has like 5 million dollars and tries to hide this information, how will the government find out about it then? rsvp

Well people with 5 million dollars are not looking for advice on a public forum, sorry to say so. And if you have this amount available there are great options to get it away easely.

If a person has that much money, he could get what he want but it could be under illegal way not legal. And I think that's bad but every people nowadays just want to get everything even if its illegal to do so.

I don't believe it's a good idea to hide 5 million $ I would simply move to a tax haven like St. Vincent or Cook Islands for some time and get resident permission there.
I agree, if you have such money available and you are able to move to a country with less or no taxes you may do that.

is canada exactly like the united states and fatca? how does canada fare and differ at the same time? rsvp

FATCA does not apply to Canadians per se. But the key different you need to know is that the US taxes their citizens, whereas Canada taxes their residents. So anywhere you live in the world, as long as you are a US citizen you are on the hook for taxes...even if you have lived outside the US for like 30 years! Hence the amount of people renouncing US citizenship. Canada taxes their residents.