Our valued sponsor

Vacation club/Time share for Digital Nomad for living in hotel for whole year

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone...

I am thinking of what about buying Marriot Vacation club, Disney Vacation club etc. membership for whole year for Digital Nomad lifestyle .....

Like Most provide 1 week (so called point) accommodation.....How about buying multiple of this and Use it for whole year...

As example....Like Marriott vacation club provide you some annual point buying it in multiple of it , You can convert it into Marriot Bonvoy point , and can book hotel Flight + restaurant + cab + activities etc.....Kind of bank account

Basically your mobile home every where there is a Marriott property ...............

My thought was inspired by this guy article

Is Disney Vacation Club worth it? Does DVC make sense financially?

Yes It is around 80-90 % discount for most time.....Do this idea is workable ? or Is it trap ?

What is your thought on this ?

What are con and pro for this ?

Reactions: Ste
Adding to that, what kind of live is living in a hotel? Wouldn't you much rather rent an AirBnB and only stay in hotel in say a large city? Digital nomad lifestyle is nice, but not when moving around every 2 weeks imo as you'll spend too much time planning.

Depends on what kind of places you want too, if you are moving from big city, city hotels might be better.

Reactions: troubled soul
If you are willing to move around, this is a very practical idea. I used to live -- actually live full time -- in an RV motorhome. Many RVers buy "vacation" memberships and then just go from one location to the next, moving every week or every two weeks. Some would buy several memberships in different vacation "clubs", and simply move from one to the next ... planning their routes according to the locations available to them. The vacation clubs (businesses really) were well aware of this practice, and didn't do anything to stop it. Those using this approach said they'd reduced their expenses a lot, once they'd covered the initial purchase cost.

Here's the best part: there is an active market in USED, SECOND- HAND vacation rentals, at greatly reduced prices.
Some memberships can be sold, privately, one or two times. That's in the RV world. I don't know about the Disney vacation market, but certainly worth a look. The second hand market is quite active because most buyers are older folks, retired. They get sick and can't travel any more. Or they die, and their kids/heirs don't want to use the vacation club. So searching for a second-hand membership might be worthwhile. Or, as I did, advertise that you want to buy, and then buy as many as you wish.

Last edited: