Our valued sponsor

What countries have free healthcare and / or free transportation or Both with low or no taxes!

Healthcare especially is never free. You're paying for it with taxes or with insurance (or both). If you're paying for it with taxes and tax rates are low, there's a chance costs of living are very high (Singapore, Switzerland) or that the quality of the healthcare isn't very good.

And free healthcare is rarely entirely free all the time. Exceptions and limitations may apply. In some cases, the free healthcare is only for citizens or permanent residents (not new arrivals).

So depending on how you define free healthcare and how you define low tax, a few places come to mind — Cyprus, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Costa Rica, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Switzerland, Georgia, UAE, Bahamas, and Uruguay.

But each one has its caveats.

I'm not aware of any country that has totally free transport. Some cities here and there do (for all or only for certain groups like residents/citizens). I can't think of any that are located in territories that also have low/no tax and free or nearly free healthcare, though.

It's almost as if governments need other sources of revenue to provide these things for free.

I heard Brazil has even free healthcare for tourists but they don't have low or no taxes.

out of the list u provided sols.... ummmm probably either Georgia vs Cyprus... But not my final executive decision..

I heard Brazil has even free healthcare for tourists but they don't have low or no taxes.
Hard to explain this without going into a prolonged diatribe, but Brazil's SUS is just mental masturbation powered by the ignorance of the favelas and the lies of Brazil's politicians!
Use Google Translate here: Fila de espera para exames via SUS na Capital saltou 30,48% em 12 meses Alguns pedidos, como a ressonância magnética, exigem paciência de até oito anos para fazer o que o médico solicitou

Excerpt from the link: If the doctor at your health center sent you to have an MRI this week, he will probably not be the one who sees the results of the test. This is because the waiting time for the procedure is 2,984 days in Porto Alegre – or eight years and two months (you'll have to wait 8 years and 2 months for your MRI).

PS. By the way, private health insurance for a healthy former female world-class bodybuilder (she competed in the Ms. Olympia contest against Cory Everson), age 64, who STILL works out 6 days per week, doesn't consume sugar, doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't smoke, and doesn't eat carbohydrates (except vegetables) is R$4,500 per month (€826.12/month). Except for the regular checkups every quarter, she has never been hospitalized or even had non-invasive surgery. The woman has a body fat of less than 14%, weighs 67kg, with a height of 1.64m. I know a family of three in Switzerland who pay less than she pays. The insurance company is Bradesco! I know this one for a FACT!!!!! Forget Brazil!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Sir
I'm not aware of any country that has totally free transport. Some cities here and there do (for all or only for certain groups like residents/citizens). I can't think of any that are located in territories that also have low/no tax and free or nearly free healthcare, though.
I think Luxembourg has free transport all over the country and I also think it also has "free" health care. (Of course, the health care is financed by taxes or something else, I don't know exactly).

Reactions: Mister Sir and Jbb1
I think Luxembourg has free transport all over the country and I also think it also has "free" health care. (Of course, the health care is financed by taxes or something else, I don't know exactly).
But it doesn't fit the low/no tax criterion, at least not for resident natural persons.

Reactions: Mister Sir
Healthcare especially is never free. You're paying for it with taxes or with insurance (or both). If you're paying for it with taxes and tax rates are low, there's a chance costs of living are very high (Singapore, Switzerland) or that the quality of the healthcare isn't very good.

And free healthcare is rarely entirely free all the time. Exceptions and limitations may apply. In some cases, the free healthcare is only for citizens or permanent residents (not new arrivals).
Yeah, and you don't want "free" health care. It's much better and cheaper if you can keep the money yourself and buy the healthcare directly, without having the government involved. Cause when the government runs things, incentives get misaligned, so you get an army of bureaucrats and administrators with high salaries procuring stuff thats not needed at inflated prices, enormous waste, long queues, and lots of weird rules preventing good people from delivering a good service.

One eye opener was a visit to a doctor in Sweden when not being a resident there and without an EHIC card, so I had to pay the full actual price. The price that is in fact paid by the taxpayers making it a bit hidden. And well, it was very expensive for so so quality.

In the UAE as a comparison you normally pay for health care yourself (or have a private insurance), and there you get great service, no queues, top standard equipment, medical staff from Europe (or the best from India). All for much less than the actual price in Sweden.

Reactions: JimBeam and jafo