Our valued sponsor

Which bank you but advised non-resident uk. EU

AZERTYLO

Jul 24, 2023
pretoria
Visit site
Hello I opened a company in the UK a short time ago but it's been 1 week I found no bank allowing me to open an account with them tide and full of others more than 20 minimum so I would like to know if there are banks that agree to open an account to non-residents in the UK who are not European too but African

I did dropshipping.

Hello I opened a company in the UK a short time ago but it's been 1 week I found no bank allowing me to open an account with them tide and full of others more than 20 minimum so I would like to know if there are banks that agree to open an account to non-residents in the UK who are not European too but African

I did dropshipping.
Virtually impossible. Maybe one of the EMI's...did you try Wise? It will also be determined by where you live and what citizenship you hold.

I am in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
I'm afraid you don't have many (if any) options, because unfortunately your country is considered prohibited or high-risk. Combined with dropshipping, it's not looking very promising.

I guess you could try Standard Bank (International Banking Solutions - Business). Aside from them, it's going to be very, very difficult.

Reactions: stivemoose and jafo
I'm afraid you don't have many (if any) options, because unfortunately your country is considered prohibited or high-risk. Combined with dropshipping, it's not looking very promising.

I guess you could try Standard Bank (International Banking Solutions - Business). Aside from them, it's going to be very, very difficult.
So I have to opt for an E-residence?
What solution can you but propose with my national

So I have to opt for an E-residence?
E-residence doesn't make any difference. You will still be assessed based on the most risky aspect of your profile, which to UK/European banks and processors is your country of nationality/residence.

What solution can you but propose with my national
Do you have friends or family in the UK or somewhere else in Europe? It would be easier if someone else forms the company and acts as the company director, and your role is just as a shareholder. That's no guarantee for success, but banks will view it as less risky.

Besides that, the best you can do is just keep trying different banks and EMIs.

Reactions: jafo
E-residence doesn't make any difference. You will still be assessed based on the most risky aspect of your profile, which to UK/European banks and processors is your country of nationality/residence.

Do you have friends or family in the UK or somewhere else in Europe? It would be easier if someone else forms the company and acts as the company director, and your role is just as a shareholder. That's no guarantee for success, but banks will view it as less risky.

Besides that, the best you can do is just keep trying different banks and EMIs.
They're all old, they won't understand anything about all that hahaha

There are no intermediaries for that

They're all old, they won't understand anything about all that hahaha

There are no intermediaries for that
(1) Go through this bank list: https://www.offshorecorptalk.com/re...k-account-banks-and-financial-institutions.3/ and call each bank!

(2) Here are the service providers who "may" be able to help you: https://www.offshorecorptalk.com/resources/categories/company-formation-provider.2/

(3) Most important part of the process: You MUST do the work yourself or pay a consultant to work with you.
None of us can magically get you an account. If Nigel Farage is having his accounts closed and can't get one open...imagine the rest of us:

Good luck!

Reactions: troubled soul
(1) Go through this bank list: https://www.offshorecorptalk.com/re...k-account-banks-and-financial-institutions.3/ and call each bank!

(2) Here are the service providers who "may" be able to help you: https://www.offshorecorptalk.com/resources/categories/company-formation-provider.2/

(3) Most important part of the process: You MUST do the work yourself or pay a consultant to work with you.
None of us can magically get you an account. If Nigel Farage is having his accounts closed and can't get one open...imagine the rest of us:

Good luck!
To see the content of the first link I don't have the permissions

There are no e-residence easily accessible at a simple price or countries where you can easily get the residence

Because I no longer see the interest of residents in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Rwanda?

I just checked Mercury (US based, not UK I know), and they support business accounts for founders living almost anywhere including most of Africa, but sadly not in the Democratic Republic of the Congo

"Prohibited Countries
We currently can't open accounts for founders living in the following countries: Belarus, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Russia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe."

If you lived in some of the neighbouring countries of the DRC like: Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Angola it would have been fine. I wonder if it works with a DRC passport but you can show you live in one of the listed countries. It says "living in", not "citizen of". And a DRC citizen living legally in the US or the UK would have no problem opening a bank account.

I just checked Mercury (US based, not UK I know), and they support business accounts for founders living almost anywhere including most of Africa, but sadly not in the Democratic Republic of the Congo

"Prohibited Countries
We currently can't open accounts for founders living in the following countries: Belarus, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Russia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe."

If you lived in some of the neighbouring countries of the DRC like: Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Angola it would have been fine. I wonder if it works with a DRC passport but you can show you live in one of the listed countries. It says "living in", not "citizen of". And a DRC citizen living legally in the US or the UK would have no problem opening a bank account.
I can get a residence permit from Rwanda easily or Uganda

I can get a residence permit from Rwanda easily or Uganda
That may very well help. And with a US LLC and account at Mercury, you can also do dropshipping. But I dont think all banks have exactly the same list of prohibited countries or super clear policies on whether a UK company owned by someone in the DRC can open an account. Definitely worth trying EMIs and calling banks as others have suggested.

Or some sort of nominee service might work. Paying someone with a better passport/residency to open the account for you.

Or well, buy citizenship in a Caribbean island nation, but it costs 100k+ USD.

That may very well help. And with a US LLC and account at Mercury, you can also do dropshipping. But I dont think all banks have exactly the same list of prohibited countries or super clear policies on whether a UK company owned by someone in the DRC can open an account. Definitely worth trying EMIs and calling banks as others have suggested.

Or some sort of nominee service might work. Paying someone with a better passport/residency to open the account for you.

Or well, buy citizenship in a Caribbean island nation, but it costs 100k+ USD.
Bought one nationally it's already out of my budget but maybe in the future yes it will be almost an obligation because the situation with my nationality is sad But I will try to contact the NDE to see after I come from but inform for Rwanda and it will be very easy for me to get it