Our valued sponsor

Why Wise refuse to make transfers to some banks?

belarus

Mentor Group Lifetime
Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
I have tried it several times now, I have a supplier I need to transfer money to via Wise, and then an error message appears saying that you cannot send money to this recipient at the moment!

These are big banks in Germany and Sweden, just to name two!

I had this when attempting to pay American Express in the UK having already paid them on multiple occasions prior. I tried every day for a week and then randomly, it just allowed the payment. Could be worth reaching out to them to ask why?

Can you send to other people? Maybe your account is blocked.
no works fine with all other accounts

It's not the bank, it's the account. They are probably blacklisted, likely because their biz goes against their TOS. Check their TOS.
It's an attorney in Sweden, large firm, don't think they are blacklisted rof/%

I had this when attempting to pay American Express in the UK having already paid them on multiple occasions prior. I tried every day for a week and then randomly, it just allowed the payment. Could be worth reaching out to them to ask why?
yeah may be like this in my case

I have tried it several times now, I have a supplier I need to transfer money to via Wise, and then an error message appears saying that you cannot send money to this recipient at the moment!

These are big banks in Germany and Sweden, just to name two!

Out of interest which currency are you trying to send in?

Well, sorry to repeat this but do not use common sense or strict logic when thinking about Wise. Yes, it can just be random mood of their AI machine or some poorly paid monkey at compliance. Do not ask anything, try it later; or much better – use another provider ;)...

Reactions: ilke
no works fine with all other accounts

It's an attorney in Sweden, large firm, don't think they are blacklisted rof/%

yeah may be like this in my case
In Wise ToS they do not allow payments to several kind of service providers, including, but not limiting, to those offering tax optimization services.
Now, i don't know what business is your provider into, but i think it's worth checking TW ToS

You need to contact their support and tell them who you are trying to send money to, give them the name and address of the person as well as their bank connection. If it is a completely normal company or, as in your case, a lawyer, they will sort it out quickly so you can transfer money to them.

they will sort it out quickly so you can transfer money to them.
Does it (I mean the word “quickly”) correspond to your regular/repeated experience?
(I am really just asking, I have no personal experience with Wise since ~3.5 years ago; just witnessing something occasionally.)

Latest Threads