Our valued sponsor

wirex jokers

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
about two years ago I opened the wirex account
I only remember I didn't like too many things so I decided not to proceed with the verification process
I ignored all the emails they kept sending every couple of weeks regarding verification etc.
As a regulated business, we need to adhere to relevant rules and regulations, which means we sometimes require our customers to provide us with additional information. We previously contacted you and asked you to provide us with additional information concerning your Wirex account. Unfortunately, we have not heard back from you. This email is a reminder to submit all requested details.
Upon receipt of this information, one of our team members will review. Back to using Wirex product.
never sent them anything
then what a surprise... a week ago I got this

We are thrilled to inform you that your Wirex account has been successfully verified! This means you now have full access to all the features and services of the Wirex app.​
We take the security of your account very seriously, and your verification ensures the protection of your funds and personal information.​
As a next step, we invite you to add funds to your Wirex account so you can start using our platform to make payments, exchange currencies, and access a variety of financial services.​

Sounds like delayed KYC driven by a business model where they need to show growth in user numbers. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel now for users.

P.S Anyone keep getting constant wirex alerts in app to open an x-account? They sound so thirsty.

Sounds like delayed KYC driven by a business model where they need to show growth in user numbers. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel now for users.

P.S Anyone keep getting constant wirex alerts in app to open an x-account? They sound so thirsty.
@void

This may interest all of you.

One of my OPSEC strategies is to create a specific email account for every site I sign up for that specifically forces me to KYC/AML/CRS i.e. all financial sites.

What does this mean?

Without smearing specific FIs, let's use for purposes of this example Lehman Brothers, hereinafter LB.

The LB email I would create for e.g. today would be today's date as a Julian date, so something like this "LB23241" @ a domain name I purchase (in bulk), so for example "lbinvest.net" , so my email would end up being [email protected]

I would NOT use this email anywhere else. Never ever.

Guess what... Several FI that have either closed my account or I told them to fvck off, have sold my email address to data brokers, or have been hacked because I now receive spam in all these "former" accounts.

So, if they sold the email addresses or whoever hacked them sold them, why wouldn't they sell a copy of my passport, IDs, utility bills, etc etc?

Food for thought.... :rolleyes:

PS. Edit... As a precaution, I also added specific random things to my IDs or any document I uploaded that would be insignificant to someone else. The reason behind this is, in case my IDs ended up in a container with a lot of e.g. "white powder" :oops: , I would be able to immediately detect where the document came from and juxtapose it against the original one that would be devoid of this particular marking. I keep a legend/database also with the copies I upload. ;)

Last edited:
As soon as you wire something they will freeze your account and start the verification process 100%
+1 second that

Reactions: jafo

Latest Threads