Our valued sponsor

Wise closing my business account need new EMI or bank

Ok, guys so requested refund from Wise to 3s Money. They confirmed the documents are ok (they cannot guarantee anyhting regarding the transfer but say the documents are fine)

Wise wrote it can take up to 40 business days until I hear back from them. What a bunch of assholes if it really takes that long

Hi Guys,

Wise closing my account with 400,000$ in it. Because of too high risk

Now I need to get a new bank account where I can transfer the money from Wise to my new business account, as Wise was my only account ( I know big mistake)

My previous activities were related to offshore gambling companies, I did some Marketing for them. But now I will stop these activities. However, the 400k are from these activities. Can I get a new business bank account where I can transfer it to, without them freezing it or giving me a lot of problems?
My business is registered in Estonia

I was looking into bankera, but boy do they have bad reviews .

I was thinking to appeal the decision and tell them that I will stop accepting payments from Offshore countries

What would be the best choice`? Any ideas are appreciated on how to go about that
You can open an account with Mistertango, Payset and/or Paysera.

Ok, guys so requested refund from Wise to 3s Money. They confirmed the documents are ok (they cannot guarantee anyhting regarding the transfer but say the documents are fine)

Wise wrote it can take up to 40 business days until I hear back from them. What a bunch of assholes if it really takes that long
For me it took only 3 days. I recently got my wise account deactivated, made an appeal and got my money back.

Reactions: jafo
For me it took only 3 days. I recently got my wise account deactivated, made an appeal and got my money back.
Wow nice, this gives me hope. But another member whose account was closed waited also 1 month.

Did you appeal or asked for refund? Because appeal means you would like to get your account reinstated.

Wow nice, this gives me hope. But another member whose account was closed waited also 1 month.

Did you appeal or asked for refund? Because appeal means you would like to get your account reinstated.
And also, how high was the amount? approximiately

Another question, maybe I should start a new thread for that.

But can I get in trouble because of Wise? I mean the funds coming from an offshore company ( Gambling company) But I provided only marketing (SEO and Linkbuilding) services.

My company is in Estonia and I am in a country where gambling is strictly prohibited.

So will I get in trouble for that personally?

Last edited:

And also, how high was the amount? approximiately

Another question, maybe I should start a new thread for that.

But can I get in trouble because of Wise? I mean the funds coming from an offshore company ( Gambling company) But I provided only marketing (SEO and Linkbuilding) services.

My company is in Estonia and I am in a country where gambling is strictly prohibited.

So will I get in trouble for that personally?
You need to make an appeal to ask for a refund.

In my case low 6 figures but it was a personal account.

I don’t know why it got closed, I just used it to send money to Thailand (real estate).
I guess you were on of the lucky ones. Hopefully I will have similiar luck as you but somehow I doubt it. Because I need the refund urgent, otherwise the seller of the digital asset might sell to someone else :( really worst timing they could close my account

In addition to EMI and all the good suggestions above, how about you put it in Kraken? … fully or partially.

In Kraken you can hold USD, not USDC… USD. Or other fiat currencies, benefiting 4.75% APY on it, for which capital gains are not taxed in Estonia.

You can open a corporate account for your Estonian entity.

Might be a good interim solution until you fix the EMI situation.

In addition to EMI and all the good suggestions above, how about you put it in Kraken? … fully or partially.

In Kraken you can hold USD, not USDC… USD. Or other fiat currencies, benefiting 4.75% APY on it, for which capital gains are not taxed in Estonia.

You can open a corporate account for your Estonian entity.

Might be a good interim solution until you fix the EMI situation.
I want to buy a digital asset with the money. But yes it is quite a good idea when I will have money again to put it somewhere to gain APY. On Nexo I can get 12% APY on USDT so maybe I split between them. Will never put all the money in 1 account again, no matter bank emi or exchange

Reactions: bandanna and jafo
I want to buy a digital asset with the money. But yes it is quite a good idea when I will have money again to put it somewhere to gain APY. On Nexo I can get 12% APY on USDT so maybe I split between them. Will never put all the money in 1 account again, no matter bank emi or exchange
I wouldn't trust nexo, all of the platforms with the same business model have already gone bankrupt.

Reactions: bandanna and jafo
I wouldn't trust nexo, all of the platforms with the same business model have already gone bankrupt.
Agree big time here!

I prefer 3.85% on Wise (which they withhold tax 30% on so it’s just 3% ish) or 4.75% on kraken than 12% on Nexo, especially using USDT.

I opted out of Nexo a while back, and minimized my USDT holdings to none unless there a necessity.

Reactions: jafo